Position Title: Supplier Quality Engineer (SQA Engineer)
Location: Fradley, Staffordshire
- Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer required by a tier 1 supplier to ensure the supply chain performance of product and services.
- The SQA Engineer will support all supplier concerns, and work with suppliers to raise and close out NCR's and improvement activities, resulting in the continued supply of conforming product.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating containment activities when supplier non-conformance is suspected
- Notifying and working with suppliers to investigate and prevent the reoccurrence of supplier non-conformance
- Working with internal Quality and Suppliers to ensure measurement results are robust
- Raising the appropriate paperwork to return suspect products to suppliers, and/or use product 'as is' until improvements are in place
- Work with the Engineering team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability in order to meet product and process requirements
- Attend and report at regular improvement meetings, providing secure preventative actions to external and internal quality-related concerns
- Ensure all products flow through the inspection department
- Ensure all incidents of non-conformance are recorded
- Establishing supplier scorecards; monitoring quality, delivery, and commercial performance
- Raising NCR's/8D's on suppliers and ensuring the timely and effective implementation of preventative actions and closure of investigations
- Work closely with Purchasing, Supplier Development, and Operations to ensure the consistent supply of conforming products
- Experience gained in an automotive supply chain quality environment, preferably in high volume manufacturing business to set the right standard
- Product/Process fine tuning skills.
- Problem solving oriented.
- Premium wrapping and assembly background.
- Understanding manufacturing processes
- JLR Launch previous experiences in production or program.
- Client background is appreciated but not essential
- Proactive, autonomous and good participant in a team environment and under pressure.
- Candidates must have UK driving license and ability to travel.