Order Ref: 38893
Position Title: Vehicle Safety Engineer
Duration: 10 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Engineering Operations
* The candidate would join the Vehicle Safety Test Laboratories test team at Gaydon to conduct physical destructive testing on components, systems and vehicles to meet Passive Safety targets.
* Working closely with customers, the data is used to progress engineering development, or to be used for compliance evidence by witness authorities and others.
* With the ability to translate regulation and requirement test protocols, and using a variety of modern test equipment, instrumentation and data acquisition systems, the candidate will manage the test through to completion and produce a test report on time.
* Initially on day, the role may require being on shifts later in the year (earlies and lates)
* Experience of physical testing in a laboratory.
* Working knowledge of passive safety regulations and requirements, inc. FMVSS and ECE.
* Working knowledge of instrumentation and data acquisition systems e.g. force, displacement, acceleration.
* Degree or equivalent qualification in a related field (e.g. Engineering, Motorsport, Aerospace, Physics).
* Previous experience of working in a vehicle safety test laboratory, using rigs, sleds or whole vehicle crash testing.
* Role is initially on days, with likelihood of option to work shifts from Winter.
* The flexibility to work shifts would be helpful.
* The pattern is Week about i.e. 1 week on earlies followed by next week on lates, etc.
* No nights.