Order Ref: 39273
Position Title: Whole Vehicle Corrosion SME
Duration: 4 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Vehicle Engineering
- Whole Vehicle Corrosion SME
- This role sits within the Durability, Robustness and Towing Attribute department within vehicle engineering and is responsible for the future development of Corrosion processes for programmes, coordinate virtual reviews, corrosion standards and test methods for all Client vehicle lines.
- As part of the Corrosion Engineering team, you will be leading corrosion design reviews, corrosion requirements and decomposition, Corrosion design rules and standards.
- This role includes support in developing system level corrosion strategy for processes, components and material lab interface, support in whole vehicle corrosion test issues resolution.
- You will support our current whole vehicle corrosion standard and updates.
- You will be expected to prepare data for management reviews.
- Produce solutions for projects and be able to apply technical subject matter expertise to new knowledge into Foundation knowledge and vehicle programs.
- Working with system and component areas to support of overall vehicle level targets.
- Many opportunities to share and convey knowledge, experiences or innovations to a progressive forward-thinking team.
- Knowledge/Experience in the field of engineering materials
- Analytical skills including the ability to analyse multiple data into tools and processes.
- Virtual tools accessing capability, digital data driven model-based environment-example; 3DExperience, Teamcenter, CAD visualisation systems.
- Project Management experience
- This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office.
- At the Client, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role.
- Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science.
- Broad appreciation of vehicle technologies
- Project management of complex engineering issues resolution and activities
- Drive to learning and contribute to Durability and Robustness Team.
- Microsoft package elements PowerPoint and Excel
- Degree in Materials related field desirable
- Experience in the automotive manufacturing sector including components supplier
- Experience of delivery within an AGILE operating model
- Ability to effectively explain complex ideas
- Knowledge in AGILE operating model.