Position Title: Systems Engineer - Vehicle Features
- Systems engineering with responsibility for concurrent engineering of the current range of the Clients' EV vehicles, focusing on the definition and delivery of software vehicle features.
- Ownership and management of complex distributed vehicle features, from definition to delivery, in one or more vehicle domains, Chassis, Body, Powertrain, Autonomous Drive, Digital Cockpit, Infotainment and Connectivity. This includes authoring function description documents, logical architectural diagrams, requirements, test specifications, etc.
- Working closely with the Electrical and Software architectures team, responsible for ensuring vehicle features and their interfaces align with the Electrical Architecture, and meet applicable quality, safety and legal requirements. This extends to supporting feature definitions carried out by domain specialists to ensure adequate information flow, technical alignment, and the adherence to guidelines and quality standards.
- Provide support to Project Engineers and Tier 1 suppliers, ensuring common technical understanding of vehicle software features, and their logical and physical interfaces. Responsible for delivery in line with feature implementation plans.
- Support coordination and execution of certification activities where needed.
- Working closely with the Digital Architecture team, responsible for ensuring network database updates supporting distributed functions are correctly specified and implemented.
- Working closely with the Verification and Validation team, responsible for ensuring test strategies and plan are adequate and provide sufficient level of coverage at different project stages.
- Manage engineering changes and issues that occur during the engineering lifecycle.
- Use engineering design artefacts to perform impact and root cause analysis of issues understanding the impact on vehicle systems, and work with stakeholders and domain experts to ensure timely solutions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant experience of systems engineering delivering software controlled, distributed functions from conception to launch within an automotive engineering environment.
- Demonstrable experience delivering vehicle components and functions in at least one vehicle domain, Chassis, Body, Powertrain, Autonomous Drive, Digital Cockpit, Infotainment and Connectivity.
- Experience working on multiple domains would be highly beneficial.
- Extensive experience generating and analysing requirements.
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools, Polarion and Doors.
- Working knowledge of vehicle electrical architectures, including domain and zonal architectures, distributed vehicle functions and networks.
- Understanding of model-based systems engineering methods, languages and tools such as SysML, Capella, ArchiMate™, Preevision, etc.
- Understanding of software architectures and development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of test and validation strategies and environments.
- Demonstrable experience performing root cause analysis of issues and their impact on vehicle systems and formulating solutions.
- Demonstrable experience interfacing to Tier 1 suppliers and technology partners, managing the delivery of distributed vehicle functions to feature implementation plans.
- Preparation of project documentation and reports.
- Demonstrated experience delivering within lean and/or agile engineering frameworks and throughout the full product lifecycle activities.
- Basic knowledge of Functional Safety and Cybersecurity standards, and experience with regulatory compliance processes.
- Articulate, self-motivated, and adept at providing effective guidance and technical leadership to others while also excelling in independent initiative.
- Possession of an Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Automotive or similar honours degree.
- Other recognised qualifications combined with relevant experience will be considered.
- Possession of INCOSE CSEP or ASEP would be advantageous.
- Full driving license is essential and no visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling abroad.