Order Ref: 39107
Position Title: Sustainability Environmental Engineer
Duration: 6 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
- Sustainability Environmental Engineer
- The GME Pre Construction Team, are seeking a highly motivated and engaged Sustainability and Environmental Engineer to support our growing Pre-Construction Team, within the wider Infrastructure Department.
- Involved in all aspects of manufacturing sites development, from New Build - Major Projects to Refurbishments including Minor Works.
- You will assist in developing these new proposals, design concepts and programmes from Strategic Intent, through the full project lifecycle to commissioning and Handover.
- To support delivery, some UK and International travel will be expected as the needs arise.
- As a new and growing department, you will help steer and develop new, efficient ways of working, and seek to implement robust cost planning and benchmarking date, across our multiple technology groups.
- Working with our Customers and wider Manufacturing Engineers, you will assist the group to ensure we meet the Net Zero company strategy.
- Construction application of sustainability and environmental.
- BREEAM, LEEDS, SKI Ratting Able to review infrastructure designs and provide sustainable solutions to be implemented / included.
- Robust environmental and sustainability knowledge.
- Able to train teams and audit application of sustainable solutions.
- Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities (not limited too): Steer and influence the GME Engineers in achieving World Class sustainability implementation.
- Assist the Pre-Construction lead in development of robust sustainability proposals and support new feasibility studies.
- Support Feasibility reviews, including scoping site visits.
- Assist in the development of RFQ / Pre-Qualification Questionnaires where required for sustainability proposals implementation.
- Manage the Early Stage Risk Register specifically in relation to Cost and Timing with relation to sustainability.
- Assist in the production of Planning Application drawings and supporting documents (with support as required).
- Able to manage any appointed consultant engineer support to deliver sustainability / environmental duties as required.
- Develop MI Standards specification.
- Taking the lead on sustainable Buildings and plant and equipment.
- Coordinating all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy.
- Auditing, analysing and reporting environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
- Promoting and raising awareness, at all levels of an organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practice, on corporate, ethical and social responsibility.
- Support in negotiation of environmental service agreements and managing associated costs and revenues.
- Working closely with external Regulators, e.g.; Environment Agency and Local Councils Arranging internal Environmental Audits - including follow-up & close-out of any non-compliances (NCs).
- Be the MI representative in maintaining & updating the Clients' EMS (environmental management system) and all relevant documentation.
- Keeping up to date with current and future Legislation and advising on reducing impact to Plant Become the environmental technology expert for future ME technologies.
- Energy saving experience & appropriate qualifications.
- Extensive knowledge of Environmental Legislation. E.g.: Environmental Protection Act; IPPC, ISO14001
- Experience of undertaking Environmental Audits in a Lead or Supporting Role.
- Ability to lead and influence at all levels within the business and the supply base.
- Evidence of managing and leveraging maximum support from the wider team to achieve objectives.
- Must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and can demonstrate effective problem management.
- Ability to challenge the GME Engineering team to drive cost efficiencies at design stage and manage 'scope creep' / 'design change' impacts.
- Competent with IT and associated system tools such as BIM Resourceful with an ability to present outputs to all levels.
- Excellent time management and high level of drive, self-motivated with able to deliver with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of infrastructure delivery process (RIBA Stages) will be advantageous
- Preferably a member of a recognised body (CEnv)
- Awareness of Vehicle Manufacturing Processes and associated infrastructure needs is preferred but not essential
Personal Profile Essential:
- An individual with a customer first mind-set who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
- Excellent communicator, having the ability engage and influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to motivate and drive the team through tough challenges.
- Ability to pull together functional and cross-functional teams to achieve goals and KPIs Core focus on Sustainability and Environmental proposals and project reviews.
- Time orientated with key focus of quality of event against key project milestones.
- Ability to develop and robustly present / influence at all levels of the business, Resilient and enthusiastic with the ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Focused on Professional and Personal Development within their field.
- Preferably Qualified to Degree level or suitably experienced in Environmental and Sustainability applied to infrastructure and building environment.