CONTRACT: Supply Chain Planning & Operations
IMMEDIATE START: 7-Month Rolling Contract
HYBRID WORKING: Twice pw onsite (Coventry/Birmingham)
RATE: £28ph (Inside IR35)
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Combination of office and shop floor working with 3PL & JLR TD.
- Personal Profile Essential: An individual who is results driven with the ability to deliver operational plans in a highly demanding environment
- An individual with the ability to prioritise their work load
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
- An effective team player who supports team members
- Support, development and implementation of IEO's continuous improvement processes within the Import Operational facility
- Support process flow initiatives within our 3PL service provider seeking and advising on CI Opportunities.
- Identify and support the introduction of CI opportunities tacking to closure and capturing cost submissions and CPU benefits.
- Attend weekly and monthly reviews as required providing feedback on current and future projects
- Undertake any other work in connection with their job as directed by their line manager
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- LEAN Methodology
- Value stream mapping
- Continuous Improvement & Kaizen exposure
- Experience Preferred:
- Understanding of Manufacturing production methods desirable
- Good problem solving techniques and understanding of lean manufacturing principals
- Good understanding of production processes
- Experience of coordinating continuous improvement projects
- An experienced Warehouse leader that understands the functions needed within a modern automotive environment
- Commercially astute and able to capture and demonstrate Continuous Improvement activity in £'s and CPU.
- Evidence of strong teamwork skills, resilience, ability to drive success from ambiguity, and to act as a change agent
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance within the 3PL structure
- Ability to deep dive complex issues and adopt problem resolution techniques in high pressure environments
- Knowledge of the Automotive Industry
- Experience of using SAP
- Experience of embedding innovative CI solutions to increase business efficiency
- Relevant Programme Management qualifications (PMI, Prince, MSP, Agile, etc.)
- Previous work experience for a large international logistics supplier OR blue-chip organisation in a CI environment
- An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
- An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning.
- A resilient and enthusiastic who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs.
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas.
- An effective team player, actively develops and supports team members.
Days in the office, 3 days at home - Subject to change dependant on business needs