Order Ref: 631
Position Title: Software and Releases Management Engineer
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of Software Functions Implementation Plans and ensuring timely project delivery.
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of Feature Maturity Roadmaps through the vehicle build gateways and Software Integration points.
- Work closely with the Architecture, Vehicle Functions and Verification and Validation groups, planning and coordinating software deliveries and test activities.
- Responsible for maintaining a Software BOM for multiple product variants and generating and managing software part numbers.
- Responsible for managing software issues databases and generating reports and quality metrics for multiple project stakeholders.
- Working in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, responsible for ensuring software defects are adequately recorded, triaged, and prioritized.
- Collaborate in the development of processes for the management of SW BOMs, and SW releases to engineering and manufacturing.
- Represent the Electrical Architecture activity at all levels of the business.
- Working closely with vehicle function owners, participate in Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination activities, including support for planning SW Release timing from Suppliers to enable SW Integration Targets.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven track record of delivery of Electrical Architecture and Complex Software Defined Systems in the automotive industry. At least 2 years of recent experience working on similar roles.
- Wide range understanding of software features/functions, electrical architectures and systems design/integration.
- Knowledge of CAN, automotive ethernet, LIN networks and vehicle diagnostics.
- Proven record managing complex, diverse delivery plans.
- Wide Range of experience in the use of office tools. High attention to detail.
- Experience of multi-party project engineering, risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
- Experience with EV systems and zonal architectures would be advantageous.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc).
- Experience working with requirements and task management tools, Polarion, JIRA, etc.
- Articulate, self-motivated, inspiring individual who can work well under pressure.
- Demonstrates resilience, communicates effectively and fosters good working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree.
- Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving license is essential and no visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling abroad.