Position Title: Senior Digi Physical Interaction Designer
* In this role, you are responsible of designing market-leading UI and UX in the in-car HMI for the Client.
* As a Senior UI/UX Designer, you may also be asked to take on a team-leading role for internal or external projects.
* You will challenge the way our users interact with and use the car, with special focus on touch points beyond the traditional screens, and apply systems thinking to information and experience design to find new ways to engages both driver and passengers through digi-physical or physical touchpoints along a user journey.
* You will participate throughout the entire design process, from inspiration and research to building prototypes and communicating the vision for in-car digi-physical experiences.
* Together with a team, you contribute to the development, evaluation and documentation of novel, physical or digi-physical interaction concepts in the interior or exterior.
* You collaborate on designing, running, and testing new solutions through experiments and prototypes at varying levels of fidelity.
* From visual storytelling, wire framing, click-through prototypes and animations to functional interactive prototypes.
* You systematically ensure that concepts are coherent, satisfy user needs and expectations, understand user pain points as well as meeting safety and regulatory requirements, and minimise driver distraction.
* To create new opportunities, you will explore and identify focus areas for user research, selecting appropriate research methodologies, and synthesis user research results into actionable insights for iterative concept development.
* You will work within the HMI Design department, a true cross-functional team where inter-disciplinary focus, curiosity and drive are highly valued.
* Our Client works in close collaboration with all other design departments, as well as with Engineering and Marketing, to shape the mobility experience of the future.
* Bachelor's degree in Interaction design, human factors, human computer interaction, or related field. We are looking after the combination of this disciplines. New inter-disciplinary programs are of inters.
* Minimum 3 years of experience designing across multiple platforms
* Experience from collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of designers, researchers, engineers, strategists and product managers throughout the design process
* Experience of building mockups and prototypes, from digital to tangible proofs of concept
* Diverse portfolio highlighting projects that demonstrate experience in crafting digital or physical user interfaces with a wide range of interaction models
* Master's degree in Interaction design, human factors, human computer interaction or related field
* Prior experience in developing interfaces to meet safety/driver distraction standards
* Previous experience developing interfaces/interactions for high-workload dynamic environments (e.g. vehicles, aircraft)
* Experience of moderating brainstorming and ideation sessions
* Understanding of web development languages
* Understanding of prototyping HW such as Arduino & Raspberry Pi
* Motion (After Effects and Premiere) and 3D software (Blender, VRED)
* Travels to Asia may be needed (approx. 1-2 per year).
* Each individual in our team has a high level of responsibility and mandate and is expected to be able to work autonomously.
* Fluent in English, spoken and written
* Driver's license