Order Ref: 638
Position Title: Project Engineer Verification & Test
- Specification, development, and management of scripted and manually driven test plans covering vehicle functions across multiple domains, Chassis, Body, Powertrain, Autonomous Drive, Digital Cockpit, Infotainment and/or Connectivity.
- Plan and carry out verification and validation of new hardware and software releases to meet the requirements of the vehicle timing and development plan, in conjunction with suppliers and function owners.
- Work closely with systems engineers responsible for the definition of vehicle functions to ensure test plans adequately cover complex distributed functions through to safety.
- Provide technical oversight for test and validation of electronics related developments undertaken by our technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with formal testing and reporting methods.
- Support the management of technical deliverables such as Feature Implementation Plans, software delivery timing plans, issue trackers and open issues decks.
- Track the development progress and maturity of vehicle functions and collaborate in coordinating multi-party activities for the verification and validation of complex distributed functions.
- Utilize design artefacts to perform root cause analysis on software and system issues and their impact on vehicle systems.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure solutions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Participate in analysis and review activities, including vehicle functions and requirements definition, FMAEs, Certification, Functional Safety, etc., ensuring the V&V work stream is adequately represented to achieve timely delivery of vehicle features across different project stages.
- Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments including development of service procedures and diagnostic functionality.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Significant relevant experience in test and validation within an automotive, aerospace or e-mobility engineering environment, having participated in the delivery of at least one full program.
- Working experience verification and validation strategies, and test cases development and management environments.
- Demonstrable proficiency in requirements analysis and test cases definition.
- Demonstrable experience working with of electrical architectures, networks, and diagnostic technologies, using design documentation, data and network traffic logs for fault finding and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of CAN, LIN, automotive ethernet, automotive ethernet, DDS, and UDS/OBD2 vehicle diagnostics.
- Experience working with Vector tools.
- Experience with test automation, working with tools such as LabVIEW, TestStand, and scripting and programming languages would be advantageous.
- Hands on experience working with, maintaining, and updating lab-cars and test rigs would be advantageous.
- Experience of delivery within lean and/or agile engineering, APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Demonstrated experience delivering within lean and/or agile engineering frameworks and throughout the full product lifecycle activities.
- Experience working with requirements and task management tools, Polarion, JIRA.
- Articulate, self-motivated and able to work well on own initiative.
- Possession of an Electronics, Software Engineering, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving license is essential and no visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling abroad.