Position Title: Product Owner
Duration: 4 Months Rolling Contract
Division: Engineering Operations
- Product Owner - Vehicle Simulation Capability
- Within the Clients' Digital Engineering, the Digital Vehicle Model Capability team develop and deliver industry leading vehicle simulation capability, required for full or robust virtual validation of new Client products.
- Our Client is looking for an experienced Agile Product Owner to work closely with customers and stakeholders across the Engineering organisation to collect, value, prioritise capability requirements within the Clients' product backlog, and help maximise business value resulting from the work of the team.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for: Creating detailed Product Backlog items from customer requirements Ordering the Product backlog according to stakeholder / business priorities
- Clearly communicating value of Product backlog items to the business
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is transparent, visible and understood
- Maximising the value the squad delivers
- Experience of Agile working, incl. understanding of Scrum and Kanban, product backlog management and use of agile management toolsets, incl. familiarity with JIRA.
- Excellent communication skills, incl. experience presenting high level plans to stakeholders and senior management
- Strong stakeholder management, ability to capture and understand customer requirements and mediate conflicting stakeholder priorities
- Previous experience as a Product Owner or as a member of an agile scrum team
- Able to think strategically and anticipate user needs on a long term basis
- Experience of collaboration with cross functional teams squads
- Experience with Project planning tools, with an understanding of scrum and Kanban
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting high level plans to stakeholders and senior management
- Able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills to enable you to identify, navigate, and ultimately resolve issues
- Familiarity with JIRA agile management toolset
- Knowledge of Automotive engineering systems
- Knowledge of systems modelling and simulation methods
- Knowledge of model-based embedded software development