Position Title: Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Design Engineer
Location: Woking Surrey
- High Voltage PCB design for HV power electronics systems such as DC/DC converters
- Requirements capture, circuit analysis, PCB schematic design, PCB layout design, BOM management- more than 2 years of relevant experience.
- Working independently and closely with colleagues on the design, requirement capture and failure mode analysis and circuit modelling and component selection.
- Using Altium Designer software package and LTspice.
- Required to be available on-site at the Client in Woking Surrey for software license access.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.
Key Responsibilities / Deliverables:
- Capture PCB change requirements.
- Generate HW requirement document for C-sample (extension on existing B-sample HW requirement document)
- Ensure all modification on B-sample circuit is captured and carried into schematic, layout and BOM reflects
- B-sample circuit.
- Ensure all C-sample components meet the specification, including ratings, qualifications, etc.
- Ensure all C-sample components are automotive qualified.
- Ensure all C-sample components are available within P18 project timing through electronics vendors.
- Check availability of all BOM for Job1.
- Generate controller PCB schematic.
- Generate power PCB schematic.
- Generate signal PCB schematic.
- Generate controller PCB layout.
- Generate power PCB layout.
- Generate signal PCB layout.
- Generate controller PCB BOM.
- Generate power PCB BOM.
- Generate signal PCB BOM.
- Simulate circuits in LTspice for virtual validation.
- Simulate circuit response in LTspice for virtual validation.
- Model power electronics circuit operation in PSpice.
- Specify cooling interface requirements for power MOSFETs.
- Check minimum clearance and creepage of the design for power PCB, controller PCB and signal PCB according to ISO6469.
- Design filters for conducted and radiated EMC according to CISPR25 and Reg10.
- Model thermal performance of power MOSFETs.
- Size the PCB tracks for current handling and heat dissipation.
- Component selection for all boards.
- Support with the HV and LV testing and PCB bring up.
- Carry out hand modifications if required on first prototypes.