Position Title: Model Build Analyst
Duration: 5 Months Rolling Contract
Division: Engineering Operations
- Multi Body Systems Model Build Analyst
- The Model Delivery team within Digital Engineering is responsible for providing SIMPACK and Car Maker Master Models to the business to support virtual engineering of all vehicle programmes.
- This includes the collation of data to parameterise full vehicle models for performance assessment, design development and calibration providing the business with a single source of consistent models.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for following a semi-automated process to enter collated consistent data from key supporting departments into model templates, to deliver Quality Assured models at key vehicle programme milestones.
- They will run QA processes and debug and fix any quality issues.
- They will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to improve the quality and efficiency of the build and QA processes to support the ever growing number of vehicle programmes and variants for which models are required.
- You will work closely with a team of software development engineering to ensure that robust, quality assured tools are delivered to the engineering community are delivered in a responsive manner.
- The candidate should be highly driven, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision
- Analytical and problem-solving skills in approaching technical issue resolution
- Effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Specific responsibilities Parameterise standard MBS and Car Maker model templates with vehicle programme specific data, test and validate the operation of the populated models
- Provide regular status updates to all project stakeholders
- Proactively identify quality issues and drive resolution of any issues identified.
- Escalate issues preventing the on-time delivery of models
- Drive continuous improvement actions to improve operational efficiency and lead or support activities to prevent reoccurrence of any delivery timing or quality failures
- Degree Qualified
- SIMPACK knowledge or similar MBS (Multi-Body System) software
- Knowledge of the IPG Car Maker simulation software
- Experience using MatLab / Simulink simulation tools
- Experience of maintaining traceability and structure in information in a variety of forms
- Good problem solving skills