Order Ref: 38915
Position Title: Manufacturing Logistics Systems Project Analyst
Duration: 12 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
- 12month Maternity Cover.
- Manufacturing Logistics Systems Project Analyst
- This person will need to identify, develop and deliver Warehouse and Material Handling IT & Technology Projects (e.g. systems rollouts, Automation, Picking technology).
- It is our role to standardise and drive improvements to our Warehousing and Manufacturing Logistics processes (e.g. warehouse/stores layouts, systems configuration, warehouse processes, and warehouse technology).
- A key element of the role is to work with the business teams to deploy changes successfully through testing, training and technical support to ensure our systems solutions and processes align.
- They will support continuous systems improvement, driving to best in class internal logistics and Hours per Car reduction.
- As SAP is becoming the core backbone to our business, we need an individual with both a Manufacturing Logistics background and a working knowledge of using and configuring a system similar to SAP S4-Hana / SAP EWM (Extended Warehouse Management).
- Previous experience in Logistics and Supply Chain or Manufacturing Working knowledge of warehouse or manufacturing logistics systems
- Experience or knowledge of driving process improvement activities or managing change, with evidence of research into leading technologies
- Essential: Previous experience in Logistics and Supply Chain or Manufacturing Working knowledge of warehouse or manufacturing logistics systems
- Experience of defining operational processes, business capabilities or IT requirements
- Experience or knowledge of project management or facilitating projects in a complex environment
- Experience or knowledge of driving process improvement activities or managing change
- Ability to read, understand and use metrics to drive change
- Good networking, communication, influencing, negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Desirable (These are useful skills within this role. Not all necessary together): Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- A thirst for following technology trends and understanding how they could translate in the working world
- Ability to generate a comprehensive business case
- Ability to create metrics
- Experience of creating and delivering presentations at a senior level
- Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities - Facilitate creation of Business Capability & Process Maps and document clear Business Requirements to define systems, processes and technology needed to transform Manufacturing Logistics into our Global Target Operating Model
- Facilitate Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEAs), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Training requirements, user education and launch support, to aid flawless launches
- Provide technical support through warehouse & master data configuration (e.g. put away strategies/waves), identify /resolve system configuration issues and problem resolution
- Coach both internal and external team members to deliver project milestones, remove roadblocks, ensure communication, idea sharing & Lessons Learnt to deliver tasks on time and budget
- Assess and identify opportunities for Logistics improvements and research market trends in Manufacturing Logistics to inform future strategy with latest developments in data and technological advances
- Create implementation plans for delivery of new systems and processes and drive their delivery into the workplace
- Support project governance and change management processes by evaluating business cases for change and assessing its impacts on all sites / relevant areas of the business
- Act as the conduit between the operational and technical teams to provide a common understanding
- Ensure solutions match stakeholder expectations
- Request project funding and manage project budgets to deliver Logistics Systems solutions
- Develop reporting metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure business processes are performing effectively, enable controlled process improvement and manage the progress of an implementation
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested