Position Title: Geometry and Simulation Development (CAD) Manager
Duration: 8 Month Rolling Contract
- Creative Specialist
- Fluent in the use of Alias automotive/surface our primary software tool within the department, including sub-d tool sets.
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in the automotive industry.
- The ability to understand and support design direction through sketch and review processes, work closely with the design team to develop and support the design process, to work within an extremely fluctuating environment is essential, they support several departments within and outside of Design including Clay modelling Studio Eng., DVA C&M, the ability to deliver on time to the quality required whether working on your own or within a dedicated team is a priority requirement
- Flexibility to Lead and manage your own work requirements and lead a small team to deliver to required deadlines, supporting were required any project/Build meeting and communicating information/direction within that team.
- Working within the virtual world, must have the ability to interpret 2D sketch into 3D digital form whilst maintaining a creative mind-set, delivering high quality design assets using Surface development tools.
- Including the ability to understand and replicate scan data with the same creative approach.
- Proficient in nurbs and Polygon Modelling techniques and Software (Alias Sub-D), working in the creative design phase, leasing with design and engineering teams to deliver to tight demanding deadlines.
- To work in a transparent and professional manner, supporting the relevant programme, liaise with all levels throughout design and across all disciplines, to deliver the required concepts.
- Experience of supporting software tools used within the design and office environment (Office360, SharePoint, OneDrive, teams Photoshop, etc.). to support the development of the project and team supporting key gateway deliverables, Proficient communication and influencing skills, with the ability to motivate and provide transparency to the team regarding deliverables
- Knowledge/understanding of alternative digital generation or visualisation software