Order Ref: 39213
Position Title: Key Account Manager
Duration: 6 Months Rolling Contract
Location: Warwick University
Division: Business Strategy
- Establish an account management framework that defines the way we engage with customers commercially incorporating contracts, pricing, T&Cs, product warranties
- Creation of commercial contracts to underpin the product requirement and deliverables.
- Work with the Programme Management team to develop cross functional product and implementation plans.
- Lead customer opportunities to develop a good understanding of their business and technical requirements and articulate their strategies, roadmaps and solutions.
- Develop close working relationships with key internal and client stakeholders, becoming a trusted advisor to customers.
- Working with R&D and Strategy teams to identify ideas for revenue generation and converting those ideas into leads, leads into opportunities in support of Business Development.
- Support stakeholders in relation to internal reporting, opportunity management, new capability building.
- Working collaboratively with Operations, Programme Managers & Partners to ensure seamless delivery execution.
- Be the customer's point of escalation for ad-hoc issues that arise.
- Proven track record in Key Account Management, ideally in a manufacturing industry.
- Previous experience of establishing relationships with existing as well as new customers and becoming their trusted advisor.
- A positive, passionate and enthusiastic leader who is open to new ideas and has a growth mind-set.
- Responsibilities Identify current and future customer demand and collate a demand profile for both prototype and production parts.
- Communicate the demand profile across internal stakeholders and align on a capacity plan to meet demand.
- Gather and analyse industry data and trends in support of strategic projects.
- Assess existing capacity and draw up forecasts based on future requirements.
- Support business case development with customer demand profiles.
- Support the customer market equation and cross functional product implementation plan.
- Assist in change requests on a project as needed.
- Reconcile variances from original plans and maintain a view of actual against forecast projections.
- Support the development of project scope and planning during the contract process.
- Assist with responses to customer RFQ and RFI. Ensure customer purchase transactions are carried out in a timely manner to support raw material preparation and production line allocation.
- Support the development of manufacturing concepts and strategies.
- Develop and document new job practices, techniques and standards.
- An individual who is able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style.
- A sophisticated communicator who is able to communicate directly, clearly and openly.
- Commercially astute with an ability to anticipate and respond to changes in the industry.
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills: ability to influence, be inquisitive, and build effective relationships.
- Communication: excellent presentation skills across all media.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex problems into simple, compelling messages for decision making.
- Analytical/problem solving, intellectual, analytical rigor and strong financial acumen.
- Ability to structure and manage complex cross-functional activities, projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience of commercial framework governance and/or corporate governance.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and self-confidence.
- Ability to articulate customer requirements to internal programme and technical product teams.
- Experience of problem resolution using structured approaches.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, often in multiple locations globally.
- Credibility within the account management environment and ability to influence others
- Ability to manage risks and issues.
- Good knowledge of technical products and their marketplace