Order Ref : 37869
Position Title : Assembly Jig Fixture And Pallet Design Engineer & Project Control
Duration : 4 Month Rolling Contract
Location : Gaydon
Division : Manufacturing Engineering
- Assembly Jig Fixture and Pallet Design Engineer & Project Control
- This is a Jig & Fixture Design Engineer role within Manufacturing Engineering.
- Responsibilities will include the design of both Body In White (BIW) and Trim and Final (T&F) Assembly Fixtures.
- Design Projects will be varied.
- The more experience you can evidence the better.
- You will be responsible for the Fixture Design from Kick Off to Design Delivery and Successfully physical fixture handover.
- You will be required to support the continual development of the Department Lessons Learnt (Continual Improvement), and, the continual development of the Clients' Tooling and Design Standards
- You will be required to demonstrate a wide range of previous Assembly Fixture experiences.
- The skills we are looking are, but not limited to, the following abilities
- Engineering Design Skills and Locator Strategy knowledge Concept design and detailed design of Pallets 3D Detail Design and 2D Detail Drawing experience To Project Manage a Design Project with minimal Lead Eng support
- To Co-ordinate and Manage Internal Customers and Suppliers (to provide data in a timely manner)
- To Drive Improvements into our Standards, Processes and Methods of working
- To Create and Update into our Standards, Processes and Methods of working
- To gain Customer Feedback, and drive that back into our working practices
- The Assembly Fixture and Pallet Design Role will sometimes be assigned to a particular Vehicle Programme, whose deliverables timing are governed by the Clients' Programme Timing framework.
- The Role could also be assigned to individual Design Commissions, where the timing is governed by the Customer Requirement for Functionality and Timing.
- Ability to do Compatibility Assessments / Impact Assessments
- Working knowledge of Assembly and Part Locator Strategy Requirements 3D Tool Design Skills from Concept, through Detail to Detailing and Delivery Ability to generate and resolve Design Snags and Issues.
- Driving resolutions of issues and feeding back.
- 2D Manufacturing (Detailed) Drawing Buy Offs and Handover.
- To manage buy-off and hand-over of tooling designs with Customers and Tool room.
- Working knowledge of Assembly Tooling Standards and Pallet Designs To comply with and ensure that all data delivered is robust, meets expectations and is properly managed Demonstrable Cost Engineering.
- Cost & feasibility studies in support of engineering change proposals Ability to assess both internal and external designs with respect to total lifetime Value For Money Assessment (for Design, Industrialisation and Production). Ability to collaborate to produce (Collision Free) Tool Collision Studies.
- Ability to collaborate to produce a robust Geometry Setting Process.
- Projects could include (but not limited to) Body In White BIW Assembly Fixtures (Geometry and Non-Geometry) Pallets Grippers (Geo and Non-Geo) Transfer System End Effectors, Put Downs, Take-Outs Trim & Final T&F Assembly Jigs and Fixtures (Geometry and Non-Geometry) Pallets Hand Tools Lift Assistor End Effectors Carrier End Effectors Chassis Engine and Decking area Tooling / Hand Tools / End Effectors Robotic Cells Tooling - Tooling / Grippers / End Effectors
- Vendor Tool Design Experience Pneumatic Controls Engineer Electrical Controls Engineer (E Plan)
- Experience of working on Client Projects
- Knowledge of the Clients' Tooling Standards Static and Dynamic Load Calculation Assessment / FEA Analysis
- Experience (within Catia environment) Dynamic Load Analysis skills (within Catia environment) Ergonomic assessments for Pallets FEA Analysis skills.
- Tool Standards.
- Ability to create and update the Clients' Tool Standards.
- Basic RobCAD abilities (ability to load high level viewing of RobCAD files within the RobCAD environment) Catia V5 and Catia v6 trained.