Order Ref: 55917
Position Title: Implementation Engineer
Duration: 12 Month Rolling Contract
Location: Dunton, Essex
- Industry 4.0 Implementation Engineer - Automotive Electrification
- Our Client is seeking a highly skilled Industry 4.0 Implementation Engineer to play a pivotal role in the advancement of our electric motor and battery manufacturing facilities.
- Based in the UK, with required travel to our production sites in the UK and EU, the successful candidate will spearhead the integration of cutting-edge manufacturing technologies to revolutionise our automotive production lines.
- This role is central to enhancing efficiency, ensuring product quality, and maintaining our competitive edge in the electric vehicle market.
- Lead the deployment of Industry 4.0 technologies, including IIoT, virtual commissioning and condition-based monitoring, among many others, to support the manufacturing of electric vehicle powertrains.
- Collaborate with various engineering teams to seamlessly integrate digital systems into production processes, ensuring alignment with our electrification goals.
- Drive continuous improvement by installing systems and sensors to enable data analytics for machine health monitoring, predictive maintenance, and production optimisation.
- Facilitate training programmes and provide ongoing support to staff, promoting the effective use of technological advancements on the shop floor.
- Regularly assess system performance, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to meet evolving industry standards.
- Manage full project lifecycles, from initial planning to execution, while adhering to budgets and timelines.
- Step into the future of automotive manufacturing with us and be a leader in the electric revolution.
- In-depth knowledge of IIoT platforms and smart manufacturing solutions.
- Exceptional project management capabilities, with a track record of delivering complex projects successfully.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a commitment to data-driven decision-making.
- Hands-on experience with robotics, automation, and smart factory technologies e.g.
- Familiarity with a suite of Industry 4.0 applications.
- Knowledge of cloud computing, IoT analytics, and SaaS models.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in technology implementation within the manufacturing sector.
- Demonstrated success in leading Industry 4.0 initiatives and projects.
- Prior experience within the automotive industry, particularly in projects related to electric vehicle powertrain production.
- Experience working across multiple teams, spanning different countries/cultures.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline.
- Industry-recognised qualifications in project management or Industry 4.0 technologies.
- Master's degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
- The role demands flexibility for travel to European locations, as project work will involve time spent in both the UK and abroad.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and possess the necessary documentation for travel within Europe.
- Prospective applicants are encouraged to submit a detailed CV and covering letter, highlighting pertinent experience and skills.
- Travel: Due to the nature of this role, regular travel will be required to production sites in the UK and Europe to support installation
- Location: Hybrid. When not required on-site client is happy to support work from home or in the office (Basildon, Essex).