Order Ref: 606
Position Title: HIL and Test Automation Engineer
- Our Client currently has exciting opportunities for HIL and Test Automation Engineer to join the Electronics Team in a Midlands-based location.
- Specification, development and management of scripted and manually driven test plans covering vehicle functions across multiple domains, Chassis, Body, Powertrain, Autonomous Drive, Digital Cockpit, Infotainment and/or Connectivity.
- Work closely with systems engineers responsible for the definition of vehicle functions to ensure test plans adequately cover complex distributed functions through to safety.
- Design, implement and maintain graphical visualization and data input panels supporting test automation and facilitating the execution of manually driven tests.
- Responsible for increasing the level of HIL test automation, extending tests cases to include comprehensive fault injection tests for data buses, sensors, actuation and other hardware components.
- Participate in the development and improvement of processes and guidelines supporting test automation, and the creation scripted tests cases, in line with V&V strategies and roadmap.
- Maintain, and manage the use of software OTA HIL rigs, ensuring new software releases are correctly deployed in the different vehicle variants and configurations.
- Use engineering design artefacts, and system and network logs to perform root cause analysis of issues, understanding the impact on vehicle systems, and work with stakeholders and domain experts to ensure timely solutions.
- Design, implement and maintain the configurations used to generate of test reports for various internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate in designing and implementing tools interoperability solutions allowing continuous and nightly test runs, automated issue reporting and regression testing.
- Responsible for logging issues found during testing, ensuring adequate level of information is provided to facilitate root cause analysis and resolution.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Significant experience generating test cases from requirements, and working with, maintaining and updating lab-cars and HIL test rigs in an automotive environment, having participated in the delivery of at least one full program.
- Deep understanding of electrical architectures of CAN, LIN, automotive ethernet and vehicle diagnostics DoIP, UDS.
- Experience parsing and processing network signals in a test environment and implementing vehicle UDS tests.
- Experience with test automation and simulation and tools, Vector CANoe & CAPL scripting, LabView, VeriStand, ASAM XIL, IPG Carmaker or equivalent. Understanding of ECU measurement and calibration methodologies and protocols.
- Working knowledge of scripting and programming languages Python, .NET, C++, and understanding of software development methodologies and environments would be advantageous.
- Experience with lean and/or agile engineering frameworks and full product lifecycle activities.
- Working knowledge with requirements and task management tools, Polarion, JIRA.
- Experience with Functional Safety and Cybersecurity standards, as well as familiarity with regulatory compliance processes, would be advantageous.
- Articulate, self-motivated and able to work well on own initiative.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Possession of an Electronics, Software Engineering, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving license is essential and no visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling abroad.