Position Title: DFMEA Specialist EV Battery Module
- Reporting to the project technical lead/safety engineering lead, the successful candidate will be contracted to provide services for assessing the reliability and failure modes through FMEA activities for a battery module design project.
- aiding in the objective evaluation of design (including functional requirements and design alternatives),
- evaluating the initial design for manufacturing, assembly, service, and recycling/decommissioning requirements, Developing a ranked list of potential failure modes and their effects on the SBM, cascading to pack and vehicle level where appropriate),
- Providing an open issue format for recommending and tracking risk reduction actions,
- Providing future reference to the Client (lessons learned, evaluating design changes etc.).
- You will work within the project team and be responsible for ensuring it meets both regulatory and customer requirements, whilst developing methodologies that add value across the full product technology lifecycle, from development phase through to high volume production.
- Preparing and facilitating FMEA sessions with the Clients' SMEs on a regular basis,
- Drive, enable and develop FMEA strategies and techniques to meet the product requirements.
- Continuously aim to improve quality by reducing the number of errors and late actions.
- Facilitate audits and manage outcomes.
- Completed artefacts.
- Recommendations for reducing severity, eliminating the cause of failure modes, or reducing rate of occurrence/improving detection.
- Providing mitigations for severe failure modes,
- Providing DVP inputs to DVP lead engineers,
- Providing PFMEA inputs to lead manufacturing engineers,
- Providing HARA inputs as necessary to lead functional safety engineers.
Nice to Have Criteria:
- 2-5yrs Experience within the HV automotive domain
- Experience in leading DFMEA team
- Knowledge of DMFEA inputs for Battery Modules
- Knowledge of PFMEA and working with suppliers to develop SC & CC specific requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 Requirements
- Experience in FMEA auditing
- Proactive approach to attention to detail
- Excellent reporting and communication skills
- Full UK Driving License