Order Ref: 4552311934
Position Title: Customs Clearance Assistant - Import & Export
Summary of responsibilities:
- Provide customs clearance instructions on imports to carriers with valid commodity codes, import duties, customs compliance
- To collect all import and export shipping documentation (Airway bill, Commercial Invoices, Customs Documents, Proof of Delivery) from Freight Forwarders and Customer Service teams on a daily basis to UK Customs Requirements.
- Once data is obtained ensure it is tracked and documents correctly to comply with HMRC Requirements.
- Checking & monitoring of Freight/courier invoices for payment ensuring accurate posting in accounting system
- To Follow up with customer and Freight Forwarders to obtaining missing documentation in a timely manner, this involves working with tight deadline.
- The Daily leasing with customers and carriers to check products have been delivered and the correct information has been provided and being confident in chasing and dealing with the demands of the business.
- Liaise with Quality Control and commercial team to check import/export controls and licensing requirements
- Liaise with, customers, suppliers, necessary agents and customs authorities to address any issues/questions arising from business activities
- Check invoices for both import and export brokerage and liaise with the broker / finance to resolve any invoice / payment issues
Three Key Skills
- Clearing import shipments from UK customs for food and pharma products
- Arranging export of food and pharma products
- Arrange appropriate tax forms CDS for custom duty and VAT.
Primary Skills Required:
- MS Office, Excel Power Point
- Demonstrable experience for minimum 2 years
Education/ Qualifications Required:
- Customs clearance experience must