Position Title: CAD/CAM Programmer
Location: Witham, Essex
About the role
- We have an exciting opportunity for a CAD/CAM Programmer to join our team delivering design, engineering, and manufacturing solutions for some of the world's most exclusive and ultra-premium car programmes.
- The CAD/CAM Programmer, reporting to the Machine Shop Supervisor, is responsible for programming 3 and 5-axis CNC machines using HyperMill to deliver a range of components and tooling.
- The machine shop and its team play a key role in the manufacturing operation at the Client and contribute greatly to the solutions we deliver to our clients.
- If you have a passion and desire for delivering high-end products and components - intricate machining, carbon fibre mould tooling, complex jigs, and test fixtures - then this is the job for you!
Roles and responsibilities
- Be responsible for programming 3-axis Vertical Machining Centres (VMC's) with the option to bolt on a 4th axis or 4th and 5th axis rotary table.
- Be responsible for programming 5-axis Universal Machining Centres (UMC's).
- Be responsible for the programming of 3 and 5-axis machines to run low-volume production jobs.
- Be responsible for the programming of 3 and 5-axis machines to run one-off prototype parts for both in-house and custom customer requirements.
- Work with a variety of materials including aluminium, steel, plastics, epoxy tool boards and carbon fibre.
- Use their CAD skills to draw suitable fixtures for one-off solutions and/or production runs.
- Work closely with the shop floor team to assist in changes required to help streamline the machining process.
- Be responsible for assisting the Clients' in-house design team with feedback on the machining feasibility of complex components and tooling.
- Assist the Clients' in-house training program by training apprentices and other team members where required.
- Possess a good understanding of 3 and 5-axis programming techniques.
- Innovative in their approach to problem-solving.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Be forward-thinking in their approach to ensure continuous improvement towards the best solution for production products is driven into all work.
- Approach all work in a way that ensures the finest quality output, employing necessary checks along the way.
- Be an effective and motivated team player, able to work both closely with others and in a self-guided capacity.
- Possess a flexible approach adaptable to changing requirements at short notice.
- Have good literacy, numeracy, and IT skills, including the ability to read engineering drawings and create detailed set-up documentation.
- Have the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Maintain a professional, accountable, proactive, and helpful attitude at all times.
- Maintain the ability and maturity to give and receive feedback constructively and negotiate with colleagues harmoniously.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience using HyperMill and HyperCADS.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an automotive or aerospace environment.
- Apprenticeship trained.