Order Ref: 39375
Position Title: BIW Test Build Engineer
Duration: 2 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Body Engineering
- The Body Test Operations (BTO) team plan and manage the physical prototype test properties for Body Engineering and Vehicle Safety teams.
- These properties support the development of new models and anything required for current production models.
- A typical test property consists of a bare body shell that is fitted with only the necessary parts, and a number of supporting 'kits' of parts. As a Programme Support Engineer, you will be supporting the programme lead(s) and will be instrumental in the delivery of around £5m worth of prototype materials that are critical to the delivery of our exciting new line-up of electric vehicles that will pave our future.
- In this cross functional role typical tasks may include (but are not limited to): CAD build and validation of parts fitment plan for each test property and kit
- Liaising with engineers to confirm body rigs plan is appropriate
- Liaising with engineers to understand the suitability of prototype parts and mapping the 'dependencies' for each property to better understand and optimise the property build timing
- Investigating parts status per each Bill of Material (BoM) and that they have appropriate order coverage
- Supporting prototype build as required
- Initial planning activities for the next testing phase as directed by the programme lead
- At the end of each testing phase ensuring all remaining physicals are cleared / disposed of
- Robust and demonstrable Excel skills
- Understanding and use of 3d CAD for visualisation purposes only (CAD creation is not necessary) & Parts Bills Of Materials (BoM)
- Willingness and ability to learn new systems, skills and concepts quickly and be able to think laterally.
- Robust communications skills to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ideally an engineering background, or similar
- Experience of automotive subsystem testing for body engineering, automotive or similar industry experience