Order Ref: 39188
Position Title: Off Cycle Engineer
Duration: 5 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
- Off-Cycle Engineer
- You will play a key role in the identification and delivery of benchmarking projects, best practices, maintenance of the propulsion bill of process and facilitation of the propulsion technology forum as directed by the Off-Cycle Senior Engineer, ensuring that all deliverables are achieved within time.
- Benchmarking projects will often be delivered with support from external agencies such as Universities and Research & Technology organisations as well as internal resources such as Manufacturing Engineering process engineers, and Propulsion research
- Identify and define what needs to be benchmarked as directed by the business plan and technology roadmap.
- Identify and benchmark technology and innovation trends across the global landscape and feed into business plans and roadmaps.
- Collect data from multiple sources, through activities such as desktop studies, supplier visits, teardown events, or internal benchmarking events.
- Analyse data to contribute to the formation manufacturing strategies, technology roadmap projects, establish baseline manufacturing process sequences, and feed findings into the process teams.
- Take large amounts of complex data, analyse and deliver as usable, easy to digest information.
- Develop, build and maintain a benchmarking database, ensuring benchmarking information is readily available, easy to understand and provide support and training to the manufacturing engineering teams on how to use the database.
- Liaise with other benchmarking departments and teams across industrial operations and engineering.
- Identification and execution of benchmarking projects that can be delivered in-house.
- Identification and management of benchmarking projects that require external suppliers to deliver.
- Provide support to the production engineering teams and other engineering specialists to provide effective insight and information of benchmarked processes or technologies.
- Facilitate the Technology Forum to enable best practice sharing across Propulsion Industrial Operations and Engineering.
- Create, maintain, update, capture and embed approved best practice into the Propulsion Bill of Process.
- Develop, build and maintain a best practice database, ensuring best practice information is readily available, easy to understand and provide support and training to the propulsion industrial engineering, and the propulsion manufacturing engineering teams on how to use the database.
- Occasionally you will be responsible for supporting manufacturing engineering, and research and development processes.
- Ideally will have worked within a data or business analyst role within a manufacturing or technology business.
- Experience of benchmarking
- Will be comfortable in an environment where knowledge is not always available and must be developed in a timely and cost-effective fashion.
- Experience in the evaluation and reporting of data, including database management.
- Candidate must have a record of proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines including previous projects.
- Ability to coordinate groups both within and external to the Client, and to work as part of a team is essential, as is the ability to achieve results by meeting deliverables and commitments.
- Ability to communicate at all levels through the generation of presentations and report material with creative visualisations to a high standard.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project, Visio, Teams, SharePoint).
- Valid UK driving licence or other suitable arrangements for personal business travel.
- Availability to travel both domestically and internationally, as required
- Ideally will have worked within a process-engineering role within a manufacturing or technology business.
- Can demonstrate experience working on projects.
- Experience of vehicle or propulsion system teardowns would be an advantage.
- Tableau, Google Cloud Platform, AWS and PowerApps knowledge would be an advantage.
- Database management, SQL, or other similar database management and querying experience will be an advantage.