Order Ref: 39111
Position Title: Unreal Engine Technical Artist
Duration: Rolling Contract
Division: Vehicle Engineering
- Our Client is seeking an experienced Unreal technical artist to join our small team of visualisation specialists.
- The team have developed a bespoke toolset using Unreal Engine 5, to enable our engineering teams to experience our products early in the product development process and evaluate human factors considerations such as ergonomics and HMI.
- This toolset is deployed across various teams in a range of formats including desktop studies, driver-in-loop, and high-end VR.
- The team is looking for your help in bringing our Unreal environments to the next level and improving visual quality.
What to expect:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and optimising materials, lighting, geometry, and scenes inside Unreal Engine, to provide key driving environments for use both in the deployed desktop application and in VR.
- It may also include advancement of our data pipeline processes and collaboration with other with other Client teams on processes and asset sharing.
- This role is ideally suited to a skilled 3D or technical artist, experienced in Unreal Engine 5, with an interest in contributing to the customer experience of our future vehicles.
- Extensive experience as an Unreal artist, proficient in Unreal Engine 5
- Proven expertise in rendering, material creation, lighting, 3D modelling, UV mapping and optimisation. Interest in use of immersive VR technologies in Automotive design experience creating environments used in shipped games or products
- Expert abilities in Unreal Engine 4/5
- Understanding of source control, particularly GIT
- Experience using VR / immersive technologies and understanding of how these might be applied
- Familiarity with Jira / Atlassian toolset and agile methodology
**YOU MUST HAVE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK**
**PLEASE NOTE WE CANNOT OFFER SPONSORSHIP**