Order Ref: 38215
Position Title: Technical Support Engineer
Duration: 8 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
* Project manage the planning and implementation of facility solutions for new model introduction within Final Assembly.
* Define solutions to deliver required capability and manufacturing plant metrics to all new & modified facilities.
* Document and manage technical issues using the appropriate problem solving tool set.
* Lead supplier selection with Client Purchasing and vendor management activities.
* Represent AME Facilities at programme meetings at all levels and present where applicable
* Co-ordinate the planning of facility requirements in preparation for physical builds at Assembly Plant locations.
* Thorough understanding of H&S procedures including CDM 2015, Method Statements, Risk Assessments, ECPL.
* Understanding of Design for Assembly principles.
* Leading role in a product launch at an assembly plant.
* Project management. APMP desirable.
* Experience and ability in practical problem avoidance / solving (Six Sigma, 8D, 5Y, FMEA)
* Proficient in the following key tool sets: AIMs; AutoCAD; Vis Mockup / TCe; MS Office suite, SAP. · Presentation skills (preparation and delivery)
* Thorough understanding of Product Creation and Delivery System (PCDS) "
* Experience and ability in practical problem avoidance / solving (Six Sigma, 8D, 5Y, FMEA, AutoCAD; Vis Mockup / TCe; AIMs; MS Office suite
* Degree qualified, Manufacturing Engineering