Order Ref: 616
Position Title: Systems Engineer - Digital Architecture
- Systems engineering with responsibility for concurrent engineering of the current range of the Clients' EV vehicles, focusing on Software Architectures, Functions Distribution and Vehicle Networks.
- As part of a team, develop a model-based understanding of systems architecture and the interactions between different vehicle systems and functions to support a cohesive user experience.
- Ownership of vehicle networks and data signals, responsible for their definition and maintenance to ensuring communications between software controlled distributed functions meet relevant functional and associated performance requirements.
- Work in collaboration with the Systems Engineering team and key technology partners to build a deep understanding the communication systems employed in automotive zonal architectures, ensuring complex distributed functions meet performance and safety requirements.
- Develop a deep understanding of the zonal architecture underlying digital and computational technologies, from complex computational platforms to simple components at the network's edge.
- Provide cross vehicle domains support, leading data latencies, bandwidth, etc. analysis to ensure common understanding of the system's capabilities and limitations.
- Work in collaboration with the Architectures Management team ensuring solutions align with the overall vehicle Electrical Architecture and technical roadmaps, and meet applicable quality, safety, security, and legal requirements.
- Support stakeholders engaging with Tier 1 suppliers.
- Collaborate in the definition of data interfaces and their attributes, functions distribution, OTA updates integration requirements, etc.
- Use engineering design artefacts, and system and network logs to perform impact and root cause analyses of issues, understanding the impact on vehicle systems, and work with stakeholders and domain experts to ensure timely solutions.
- Manage engineering changes and issues that occur during the engineering lifecycle.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant experience of systems engineering delivering various programs within an automotive, robotics aerospace or e-mobility engineering environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of software and electrical architectures, including vehicle zonal architectures or equivalent topologies, and state of the art computational and network technologies.
- Demonstrable experience with relevant network technologies and protocols, and signal databases, CAN, LIN, Ethernet, DDS, MQTT. Experience working with network data and traffic analysis tools.
- Understanding of various RTOS and GPOS, and corresponding application development environments. Linux, Android, QNX. Software development experience in these environments desirable.
- Experience with model-based systems engineering methods, languages and tools such as SysML, Capella, ArchiMate™, Preevision, etc., is desirable.
- Working knowledge test and validation strategies, and development environments.
- Experience generating requirements and test plans.
- Experience of project or systems engineering with Tier 1 suppliers and technology partners, preparation of technical documentation.
- Experience of delivery within lean and/or agile engineering frameworks and tools, and full product lifecycle activities. JIRA, Polarion.
- Experience with Functional Safety and Cybersecurity standards, as well as familiarity with regulatory compliance processes, would be advantageous.
- Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
- Possession of a Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or similar honours degree.
- Other recognised qualifications combined with relevant experience will be considered.
- Full driving license is essential and no visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling abroad.