Position Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Duration: 6 Month Contract
* Responsibility for the Supplier quality performance activities within the programme(s) and / or commodities assigned.
* Supporting Supplier quality functional activity and working closely with Programmes, Engineering and Procurement to develop a supply chain that is fit for purpose and delivering conforming product on time, every time.
* Support supplier Quality Assurance activities within the supply chain including developing the process audit and surveillance visits plan; PPAP activities, etc.in order to ensure that supplier components and assemblies meet the demanding programme quality and schedule requirements.
* Within supply-chain responsibility, drive activities associated with specific non-conforming product, containment incidents, identifying root causes and ensuring robust and rigorous problem resolution utilising such techniques as 8D, 5-Why, Ishikawa, etc.
* Ensure that of supplier concerns are concluded in a timely manner including verification and implementation of corrective actions. Work with internal Quality function to provide clean cut-off and gain agreement of permanent corrective actions.
* Support the development and implementation of a supplier performance monitoring system that drives continual improvement in the supply chain.
* Work closely with procurement and the supply base to develop improvement plans and deliver performance improvement
* Support the development of policy and process to on-board suppliers and refine the supply-chain to deliver world class products and supply-chain performance
* Drive quality performance reviews and Learning-From-Experience activities to ensure no repeat issues from previous projects
* Act as the day-day point of contact for Supplier Quality concerns within programme and / or commodity responsibility
* Support programme and technical reviews internally and with the customer
* Defining and mitigating risks associated with supplied material and supply chain
Experience & Qualifications:
* A formal engineering qualification (e.g. HNC/D, Degree, apprenticeship) with proven experience of working in a Supplier Quality role within automotive, aerospace or similar industry.
* Demonstrable experience working with electrification of vehicles would be a distinct advantage.
* ISO9001 internal auditor qualification (experience with ISO/TS16949 is preferable)
* Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, IMDS
* A team player who can communicate at all levels within the business
* Ability to convey complex ideas and data in a concise manner; works to strict deadlines and able to prioritise in a complex and shifting environment
* This job description is not exhaustive, and the job holder will be required to carry out from time-to-time tasks in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within their capabilities.
* This role will support both Grove and Kidlington sites and will require travel to Supplier premises in the UK and overseas from time to time and as the business requires.