Order Ref: 635
Position Title: Senior Systems Engineer - Software and Electrical Architecture
- Systems engineering with responsibility for concurrent engineering of the current range of the Clients' EV vehicles, focusing on Electrical Architectures and Software Systems.
- As part of a team, develop a model-based understanding of systems architecture and the interactions between different vehicle systems and functions, humans, and the environment, providing guidance and support to team members and external stakeholders.
- Working in collaboration with various stakeholders and technology partners, responsible for ensuring the definition and delivery of software-controlled vehicle functions across vehicle domains align with the overall vehicle Electrical Architecture and technical roadmaps.
- This includes authoring function description documents, logical architectural diagrams, requirements, test specifications, etc.
- Apply systems architecture principles to support the development of electrical architecture within the unique constraint spaces defined for each program.
- Participate in analysis and reviews to ensure that the vehicle systems meet applicable quality, safety, security, and legal requirements.
- Develop requirements and interface definitions (including network definitions) for subsystems and components, ranging from simple binary functions to complex distributed functions.
- Manage engineering changes and issues that occur during the engineering lifecycle.
- Use engineering design artefacts to perform impact and root cause analyses of issues understanding the impact on vehicle systems, and work with stakeholders and domain experts to ensure timely solutions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience of systems engineering delivering multiple programs within an automotive, aerospace or e-mobility engineering environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of domain and zonal electrical architectures, vehicle functions, networks and diagnostic technologies.
- At least 2 years' experience with model-based systems engineering methods, languages and tools such as SysML, Capella, ArchiMate™, Preevision, etc.
- Demonstrable experience delivering vehicle functions, from definition to validation.
- Extensive experience generating and analysing requirements. Working knowledge of requirements management tools, Polarion, Doors, etc.
- Working knowledge of software architectures, development methodologies, test and validation strategies, and development environments.
- Extensive experience of project engineering with multiple Tier 1 suppliers and technology partners, preparation of technical documentation and project reports.
- Experience of delivery within lean and/or agile engineering frameworks and full product lifecycle activities.
- Experience with Functional Safety and Cybersecurity standards, as well as familiarity with regulatory compliance processes.
- Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
- Possession of a Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Automotive or similar honours degree.
- Other recognised qualifications combined with relevant experience will be considered.
- Possession of INCOSE CSEP or ASEP would be advantageous.
- Full driving license is essential and no visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling abroad.