Position Title: Senior Project Engineer - Electrical Modules
- Engineering, development, integration and validation of various electrical modules (ECUs, Sensors and Actuators etc.) into the overall vehicle electrical architecture in collaboration with Functional Departments, technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers.
- The Senior role will require to be working in some of the key areas as owners for electrical modules
- Central Compute Unit and Zonal Controllers within top of the range zonal architecture
- Autonomous Drive / ADAS components e.g. LiDAR, RADAR, Camera Modules, Ultrasonic Sensors etc.
- Body Security Components e.g. Body / Zonal Controller, Keys, Alcolock etc.
- Development and maintenance of requirements specifications, timing plans, systems calibration and validation requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Guidance to EDS and Packaging teams to ensure that control units, modules and peripherals are correctly located and packaged in accordance with installation and wiring requirements.
- Manage compliance with any necessary functional safety, legislative, electrical, environmental and EMC requirements.
- Lead system review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs, test planning and functionality tests throughout the development lifecycle.
- Represent the Electrical Department in status meetings and engineering reviews.
- Also represent GMT in external working groups relating to the responsible components / ECUs.
- Fault identification and resolution including management of issues to closure following a robust 8D process. Acting as an authority for concessions or escalate as required.
- Supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments.
- Responsible for Commodity attributes such as Quality, Costs, Timing, Weight
- Responsible to deliver commodities within budget through regular supplier liaison and tracking DVP status, meeting all legislative requirements.
- Manage third party supplier across various prototype / development builds
- Leadership/participation in system review, verification & validation activities.
- Responsible for DFMEA, DVP&R (Electrical & Mechanical), PV sign-off, Engineering Sign-off
- Support Sub-system Design Reviews, DFMEA and Supplier FMEAs
- Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support various prototype and development builds including labcar / test rig build where required
- Work closely with other departments such as Quality, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Programs, Logistics, Service and workshops
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 7 years of experience within the respective area applying for
- Understanding Automotive New Product Development Process, Milestones and deliverables for each phases
- Demonstrable experience of automotive electrical components' design, development and manufacture
- Good experience and knowledge of vehicle electrical systems, ECUs and other electrically wired components
- Working knowledge of CAN, FlexRay, automotive ethernet, LIN networks and vehicle diagnostics.
- Working knowledge of relevant homologation standards, ISO26262 and EuroNCAP
- Understanding of Functional Safety and Cyber Security requirements for a global market vehicle
- Experience in design for good electrical and EMC performance.
- Established contacts within the automotive eco-system including Tier 1 and component suppliers.
- Knowledge of hybrid and full-electric electrical vehicle architectures and wiring systems would be advantageous.
- Experience of visualisation using CATIA V5 or V6 or lightweight file viewers would be useful.
- Excellent understanding of 2D drawings, electrical circuits
- Experience in creating Engineering Change Requests and managing the implementation of the changes through design release internally and externally.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc).
- Experience in leading DFMEA and System (Electrical Interface) Reviews
- Working knowledge of relevant regulations and standards
- Experience is harness testing & validation process and engineering sign-off
- Ability to use various engineering development tools such JIRA, Polarion etc. and collaborative platforms such as Microsoft Office 365.
- This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.
- Honour's Degree in Electrical
- Honour's degree in similar areas such as Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive acceptable with relevant experience in the field
- Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Additional Project Management qualification is desirable.