Position Title: Routing & Packaging Engineer
Location: Brussels, Belgium
- CAD Routing & Packaging Engineer
- Experienced with Catia V5 Harness Routing
- Design / Engineer conceptual routings and package for EDS
- Deliver the EDS design according to the program timing plan and in accordance with internal and customer
- Ensure design meets customer manufacturing and service requirements, review designs with customer manufacturing
- team to ensure feasibility for instillation into vehicle, including DFM/DFA Processes
- Update and drive EDS package issues to closure
- Ensure EDS routing and package design is compatible with vehicle environment.
- Represent EDS routing designs in customer package meetings
- Resolve EDS package issues by interfacing with other vehicle commodities
- Interface at all levels to the customer and internally to progress and agree EDS routing and package designs
- Agree on and implement design changes according to the change management procedure
- Interface to EDS Project Engineers and other CAD engineers to achieve the above
- Adhere to internal specifications and requirements while developing designs (DFM, Cost, Procedures)
- Timely implementation of design changes during program development, prototype and production build phases
- Prepare marked up 2D drawings to support design changes, Check 2D drawings are in-line with the planned design
- prior to release.
- Participate in internal and customer meetings to support EDS design and development
- Support design reviews, prototype harness and vehicle builds at company and customer locations.
- Identify, track and resolve EDS design and manufacturing issues.
- Participate in TVM, VA/VE and benchmarking activities. Generate, review and evaluate potential cost reduction ideas.
- English Speaking
Nice to Have Criteria:
- Experienced with Toyota Processes and Methodologies