Position Title: Quality Engineer - Fit and Finish (Engineer L2)
Location: Raymond, OH
- Requires a BS or MS in engineering.
- Additionally, must be proficient in technical writing and possess computer skills for scientific and technical applications.
- Must be able to proficiently handle multiple projects and develop analytical procedures.
- Work with suppliers to assure parts/services are requested appropriately, evaluate technical proposals, and write technical reports.
- Make technical decisions with moderate supervision.
- Ability to report research and test results in various technical formats.
- Able to work with a team or on an individual basis to reach project goals.
- Valid Ohio driver's license required.
- BS Degree in ME/EE.
- Minimum 2 years of engineering experience with Quality oriented verification of prototype development components.
- This includes but not limited to: Demonstrated ability to read and understand Drawings and Specifications to identify key quality characteristics of part design.
- Initial part concept review and approval
- Physical part measurement to ensure conformance to specifications
- Installation of prototype accessory parts on development vehicles to validate fit\finish & function.
- Strong goal oriented communications across our Supply base to ensure a quality result.
- Extensive experience using quality Inspection tools ( Ex. micrometers, dial gauges, fixturing equipment) is required.
- Part fixturing creation, methodology and measurement experience.
- As required, conduct Quality based audits at assigned Suppliers to ensure developmental and mass production quality.