Order Ref: 358599
Position Title: Prototype Build Technician
Location: Woking, Surrey
- Work closely with members of the Prototype build team to build high-quality, reliable prototype vehicles/bucks & rigs for effective test and development of future vehicles.
- Support a diverse range of activities, including vehicle builds, fabrication, rig builds and testing.
- Support Prototype vehicle component manufacture.
- Co-ordinate simultaneous vehicle builds in an effective and intelligent manner, managing conflicting priorities to tight deadlines.
- Develop good working relationships with members of the core Prototype build team to ensure quick problem resolution, and efficient communication of technical issues.
- Contribute ideas for vehicle packaging and assembly for systems in all areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Extensive development vehicle build experience, from whole-vehicle down to component level.
- Comprehensive knowledge of vehicle architecture and operation of support equipment.
- Experience of supporting and maintaining prototype vehicles, and ability to contribute to component and system fault diagnosis.
- Good degree of computer literacy.
- Competency in fabrication and basic machining skills.
- Ability to interpret engineering specifications and drawings.
- Team player able to motivate others and deliver to high standards at all time, whilst under pressure and to tight deadlines.