Position Title: Project Engineering Consultant (Lighting Systems Engineer)
Location: Woking Surrey / Hybrid
- Lighting & Mirror Systems Project Engineer
- LED Front Headlamps - Intelligent Systems
- LED Rear Lights
- Supplier Management
- Low Volume
- High Value
Nice to Have Criteria:
- Lead and deliver Lighting Systems, to meet design specifications and styling intentions
- Body packaging, concept studies and detailed design, including sizing calculations and use of CAD to create viable sections
- Build support (prototype and production)
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
- Supporting problem solving activities during virtual and physical builds.
- Assess all engineering prototypes to determine any associated issues or risks, mitigating when, and where found.
- Estimate cost limits and budgets for new designs.
- Represent the department in design reviews and during test and development activities if required
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable internal, industry, business and where applicable legislative standards and requirements.
- Co-ordinate own design work to deliver timely design releases and meeting all design for manufacture input from supplier.
- Producing detailed manufacturing drawings
- Maintain and manage engineering records and designs
- Occupant positioning
- Maintenance and update of the section book
- Ensuring responsible designs meet legal compliance
- Work Package Management
- Design Sizing Analysis
- Sub system load analysis
- Joints and interface design
- Materials selection
- Fixing selection justification with appropriate bolt calculations
- Carbon Fibre Design and Manufacture
- DFMEA delivery
- Creation and Management of Engineering Tech Spec.
- Experience in OEM DVP&R
- Front and Rear Crash Structures, Lightweight Structures and Carriers
- Crash System Design - Management and Integration of CAE Inputs
- DFM and DFA delivery
- Pedestrian Protection and Legal Requirements
- Engineering to Commercial Constraints & Commercial management
- Deliver Engineering Change