Position Title: Lead Chassis Engineering
Location: Hybrid - 2 days onsite in Woking, Surrey / 3 days WFH
- Lead/Deliver chassis systems, to meet design specifications including Wheels & Tyres, Suspension, Steering, Braking, Packaging, concept studies and detailed design, including sizing calculations and use of CAD / CAE to create viable sections
- Lead and support of design activities carried out in-house and at suppliers if required
- Build support (prototype and production)
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
- Supporting problem solving activities during virtual and physical builds.
- Assess all engineering prototypes to determine any associated issues or risks, mitigating when, and where found.
- Research whether the design is feasible, functional and cost-effective
- Estimate cost limits and budgets for new designs.
- Represent the department in design reviews and during test and development activities if required
- Design components to the lowest feasible weight
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable internal, industry, business and where applicable legislative standards and requirements.
- Co-ordinate own design work to deliver timely design releases and meeting all design for manufacture input from supplier(s)
Nice to Have Criteria:
- Develop and specify GD&T data set on CAD models or drawings, taking into account all inputs from parts suppliers,
- assembly processes and dimensional management studies
- Creating presentation material for Design Reviews
- Producing detailed manufacturing drawings
- Maintain and manage engineering records and designs
- Deliver the system architecture design using Catia V5/V6
- Maintenance and update of the section book
- 3D package modelling
- Support interface with styling
- Design for manufacture and assembly for responsible components
- Ensuring responsible designs meet legal compliance
- Work Package Management
- Design Sizing Analysis
- Sub system load analysis
- Joints and interface design
- Materials selection
- Fixing selection justification with appropriate bolt calculations
- Carbon Fibre Design and Manufacture
- DFMEA delivery
- Creation and Management of Engineering Tech Spec.
- Front and Rear Crash Structures, Lightweight Structures and Carriers
- Crash System Design - Management and Integration of CAE Inputs
- DFM and DFA delivery
- GD&T / RPS Location and Measurement Plans
- Engineering to Commercial Constraints & Commercial management
- Deliver Engineering Change