Order Ref: 611
Position Title: Project Engineer - Integration and Validation
- Project engineering with responsibility for the integration and validation of electrical systems and software in the Clients' Electric Vehicles.
- First-on-the-scene to identify and support the resolution of electrical systems issues found during all stages of the development lifecycle from lab-cars through to production level vehicles.
- Generate and execute validation and acceptance tests plans for new hardware and software releases in-line to feature implementation and project plans.
- Generate detailed test reports, ensuring adequate level of information is provided to facilitate fault analysis.
- Work closely with vehicle function owners across domains, Tier 1 suppliers and key technical partners, using diagnostics tools, and electrical and systems design documentation, to conduct fault analysis of electrical and software integration issues.
- Provide build support and maintain test assets, from lab-cars to prototype and production representative vehicles, ensuring new software and hardware releases are available where needed.
- Collaborate in the organization, and support additional validation activities including in market test, certification activities, EMC tests, etc.
- Support Manufacturing and After-sales departments, generating and delivering training for the use of garage tools interfacing with the vehicle electrical systems.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Significant experience in hardware and software integration and validation within an automotive workshop/prototype build engineering environment, having participated in the delivery of at least one full program, from initial test rigs and prototype builds to production.
- Demonstrable experience working on electrical architectures systems integration.
- Experience across different vehicle domains, Chassis, Body, Powertrain, Autonomous Drive, Digital Cockpit, Infotainment and Connectivity is desirable.
- Working knowledge of vehicle networks and diagnostics technologies, CAN, LIN, automotive ethernet, DoIP, UDS/OBD2. Experience using design documentation, and data and network logs to conduct fault finding and root cause analysis.
- Experience working with CANoe, CANalyzer, LabVIEW, TestStand, etc.
- Practical experience working with vehicle harnesses, system diagrams, and using lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, etc.
- Experience generating validation and acceptance tests plans from design documentation and requirements and managing the tests assets used at different stages of the development process.
- Experience working within a lean and/or agile engineering environment.
- Experience using issue tracking, requirements and work-packages management tools.
- JIRA, Polarion.
- Must be able to work on their own initiative and prioritise their workload in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Willing to establish themselves as the go-to person for electrical system issues.
- At least HNC/HND, or Electronics, Automotive or similar engineering degree.
- Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving license is essential and no visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling abroad.