Position Title: Project Engineer - EDS
- Our Client currently has exciting opportunities for Project Engineer - EDS to join our Electronics Team in a Midlands-based location.
- Responsible for Electrical interface definition with all function groups in association with system designers
- Responsible for Commodity attributes such as Quality, Costs, Timing, Weight
- Responsible to deliver commodities within budget through regular supplier liaison and tracking DVP status, meeting all legislative requirements.
- Manage third party supplier or circuit engineers through the design of EDS for circuits and schematics across various prototype / development builds
- Support Design and development tasks relating primarily to low voltage wiring, fusing systems, component packaging and electrical power distribution including the creation of specifications, drawings, reports and sign-off documentation
- Manage build-to-print supplier through the development process
- Support for high voltage wiring and distribution systems engineering as required.
- Support for the preparation and approval of component data sheets and schematics in conjunction with other function groups, our technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers.
- Guidance to ensure that wiring and electrical hardware are correctly located and packaged in accordance with installation, environmental and EMC requirements.
- Leadership/participation in system review, verification & validation activities.
- Fault identification and resolution including management of issues to closure though business' robust 8D process.
- Release ownership of Harnesses and Change Control Management
- Responsible for DFMEA, Routing Quality Assessment (RQA), DVP&R (Electrical & Mechanical), PV sign-off, Engineering Sign-off
- Support Sub-system Design Reviews, DFMEA and Supplier FMEAs
- Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments.
- Support various prototype and development builds including labcar / test rig build where required
- Work closely with other departments such as Quality, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Programs, Logistics, Service and workshops
Experience and Qualifications:
- Understanding Automotive New Product Development Process, Milestones and deliverables for each phases
- Demonstrable experience of automotive electrical wiring and power distribution system design, development and manufacture
- Good experience and knowledge of vehicle electrical systems, ECUs and other electrically wired components
- Experience in design for good electrical and EMC performance.
- Good contacts within the EDS supplier eco-system including Tier 1 and component suppliers.
- Knowledge of hybrid and full-electric electrical vehicle architectures and wiring systems would be advantageous.
- Experience of visualisation using CATIA V5 or V6 or lightweight file viewers would be useful.
- Desirable experience circuit design, wiring/fusing systems and electrical packaging.
- Excellent understanding of 2D drawings, electrical circuits
- Experience in creating Harness Change Requests and managing the implementation of the changes through design release and suppliers
- Understanding of harnesses re-works and interrogate vehicle circuits.
- Hands on experience of minor electrical reworks is highly desirable.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc).
- Experience in leading DFMEA and System (Electrical Interface) Reviews
- Experience in managing harness complexities, component databases (DTs)
- Working knowledge of relevant regulations and standards
- Experience is harness testing & validation process and engineering sign-off
- Ability to use various engineering development tools and collaborative platforms such as Microsoft Office 365.
- This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.
- Honour's Degree in Electrical
- Honour's degree in similar areas such as Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive acceptable with relevant experience in the field
- Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.