Position Title: Project Engineer
Duration: 3 Month Rolling Contract
Rate: £30 per hour Inside IR35
- You plan, develop and execute capital projects by supporting technical developments, feasibility perspectives of engineering-related activities in supply chain and capital expense project execution to support growth, world-class manufacturing and productivity with the highest levels of quality, safety and environmental requirements. You will follow Mondelēz business and innovation processes in project management and ensure that Mondelēz standards are adhered to.
How you will contribute
- To ensure that accurate budgets, plans and fit-for-purpose technical solutions are delivered, you will work with key stakeholders to define and deliver the capital and technical agendas during the development phases of capital investment projects.
- You will develop capital budgets according to the contract and forecast cash flow, ensure that engineering developments and standards are implemented, and support the development and implementation of state-of-the art processes and equipment strategies to optimize resources, harmonize assets and rollout best practices.
- In this role, you will support capital project execution and will be accountable for the quality and results of the capital projects per Client standards, and our business and innovation processes in project management.
The main responsibilities of this role include
- Designs for new products and factory development projects are developed, working closely with Manufacturing, Business Development and R&D functions where required.
- Designs & Development for new & upgrade packaging equipment projects, working closely with Manufacturing, Engineering and Commercial where required
- Detailed engineering (Mechanical & Packaging) design and specifications and developed for authorised Capital projects to meet requirements of safety, quality and hygiene at optimum output and efficiency, and lowest cost.
- Systems are reverse engineered where information does not exist.
- Existing practices, methods and technology are challenged and opportunities to improve factory productivity, safety and quality are proactively sought.
- Assistance with the development of the factory forward investment strategy, identifying and driving a number of capital projects, to help deliver the factories forward plan.
- Technical & engineering input and support is provided to drive the site's commercial and operational performance objectives.
- Tender packages are prepared and reviewed, tender returns are evaluated, peer reviews conducted, and commercial terms are negotiated.
- Contractors and others carrying out work on site are supervised and managed.
- Plants are commissioned to achieve specified quality and output targets within the commissioning timescales in line with IL6S requirements.
- Solutions to problems are recommended so that they can be designed out to reduce operating costs, improve product quality, and improve safety performance.
- The implementation of the multiple capital projects is managed, both for the Bournville site and, other Client manufacturing sites within UK Chocolate, to time, cost & quality, in line with IIM processes using both internal and external resources as appropriate.
- Project costs are managed using ERP tools (SAP and Coupa) and capital spend is managed and forecast.
- Coaching, development & support is provided to other members of the BD&E team, factory based technical personnel (and to the wider Client organisation if required / appropriate).
- Support and expertise in the application of GMP and Sanitary design standards across the sites is provided, developing and sharing best practices across the Client network.
What you will bring
- Project management skills
- Senior-level technical expertise across Mechanical engineering & Packaging technology disciplines
- Leading to work effectively across cross-functional teams and influencing stakeholders
- Career experience
- Background in Project Management - ideally within food or FMCG industry
- Mechanical, Packaging or Automation engineering (or other relevant) degree or equivalent experience
- A broad appreciation of packaging, process, control, services and infrastructure in a relevant FMCG industry
- Experience of managing capital projects and working within project teams
- Software experience: Microsoft Office + AutoCAD, Project management software and ERP systems