Product Compliance Engineer
9-month initial/rolling contract
Based in Gaydon (Hybrid possible)
£20ph (Inside IR35)
- The Regulatory Requirements Team is responsible for ensuring the smooth flow of new and updated regulations into the Clients' Product Delivery programmes.
- As a Regulatory Requirements Author, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining Engineering Requirements for Global Regulations, as part of a 50+ strong team of regulatory requirement authors, leaders and managers.
- You will be expected to know or have the aptitude to learn a selection of Subject Matter Areas, as the team will cover a broad range of regulations including everything from vehicle safety to hazardous materials, from conventional powertrains to emerging new technologies, from software services to data protection and many more.
- On a day-to-day basis you will collaborate with the existing Regulations team to identify new & updated regulations that need to be digested, dissected and understood by the Client.
- You will then be responsible for collaborating with different areas of the business to ensure the smooth flow of new or updated engineering requirements into our Traceable Requirement Management (TRM) system & processes
- Do you have the ability to research and understand complex documents (e.g. research papers / legislation / regulations / government policies) that could be applied to regulatory affairs and industry standards for the automotive sector
- Do you have experience with planning, developing and publishing large reports / thesis / company reports / departmental processes that would allow you to develop and publish the Clients' business standards for regulatory requirements
- Do you have examples of communicating with a range of people across an industry or area of expertise, to work towards a common goal, that would allow you to enjoy liaising with product approval authorities, government agencies or industry technical groups, and be willing to be the face of the Client in those situations
- Essential - An individual, who works well independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance.
- An individual with the ability to prioritise their workload to deliver in a demanding environment.
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas, who is resilient and enthusiastic, responding constructively to new ideas and inputs.
- An effective team player, who can build credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- Essential - Interested in and capable of analysing Global Regulations & Regulatory requirements
- Excellent written communication skills (English), with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of authoring and / or using regulatory or legal documentation.
- Competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software.
- Relevant degree and/or proven experience working with Regulatory or Engineering requirements
- Desirable - Demonstrable ability to deliver results from a range of physical / remote locations
- A passion for Automotive Emerging Technologies and the future of the industry.
- Automotive / Engineering Commodity Knowledge.
- Experience of working with Regulatory bodies and / or automotive homologation.
- Experience of working with engineering standards / technical documentation