Order Ref: GME078
Position Title: Principal Engineer - Electrical Systems
* Engineering leadership for the development of all electrical/electronic systems for current and future vehicles.
* In conjunction with the systems engineers, manage the development of electrical interior, body, chassis, and powertrain electronic systems to support the vehicle requirements for functional content, performance, weight, cost, and package.
* Supervision and guidance to ensure that systems are developed in accordance with environmental, electrical performance, EMC, packaging, functional safety and any other certification or legislative requirements.
* Champion process driven development. Responsibility for ensuring that technical deliverables, project plans and open issues decks are in place to the required standards.
* Review and approve requirements specifications in conjunction with other function groups, our technical partners, and Tier 1 suppliers.
* Lead or participate in system review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs,
* DVP planning, ISO26262 functional safety, ISO 21434 cyber security, EMC, and related activities throughout the development lifecycle.
* Lead the supplier nomination process from a technical perspective and prepare/approve
* Electrical System Requirements sections of all relevant documentation used during the RFQ process.
* Represent the Electrical Systems activity at all levels of the business.
* In conjunction with the Chief Engineer, support the resourcing of the Electrical Systems team to the levels agreed with the senior management team.
* Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle
* Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments including development of service procedures and diagnostic functionality.
* Proven track record of leadership and delivery of Electrical systems at Principal Engineer level (or Senior Principal Engineer plus significant experience) in the automotive or aeronautics industry.
* Wide-ranging in-depth expert understanding of electrical systems, software features/functions, electrical architectures, and systems design/integration.
* Working knowledge of CAN, FlexRay, automotive ethernet, LIN networks and vehicle diagnostics.
* Experience in design for good electrical and EMC performance. Knowledge of key legislation and certification requirements.
* Experience of multi-party project engineering, risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
* Knowledge of hybrid/BEV electrical vehicle systems and architectures would be advantageous.
* Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc).
* Articulate, self-motivated, inspiring individual who can work well under pressure.
* Demonstrates resilience and fosters good working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
* Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
* Full driving licence is essential.
* No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union