Position Title: Powertrain Systems Engineer
Duration: 3 months
- Power Electronics Systems project engineering, specification and integration of high voltage, electronic components into the overall vehicle architecture (e.g., body, chassis, and powertrain systems). Systems include DCDC Converters, On Board Chargers, Inverters and HV junction boxes.
- Document and maintain development roadmaps of the commodity suite with focus on features related to weight, efficiency, performance and integration with the charging infrastructure and associated systems.
- Review, write and analyse product specifications and identify areas of optimisation and improvement in the HV arena.
- Work with stakeholders, within and external to our client, to identify solutions, projects and milestones that will contribute to the success of the programme.
- Management of technical deliverables, project plans and open issues decks for assigned systems to support on time delivery to the programme.
- Realisation of the required features using a combination of carry-over, modified and new components in collaboration with the Body, Chassis and Powertrain function groups as required.
- Guidance to ensure that key components are correctly located and packaged in accordance with vehicle requirements.
- Participation in system review, verification & validation activities including leading FMEAs, DVP planning and ISO26262 compliance.
Nice To Have Criteria:
- Significant experience of HV Powertrain or component systems.
- Demonstrable understanding of High Voltage Electrical architectures and underlying principles and technologies including thermal management, lifetime operation, control strategies and current capacity versus weight saving.
- Experience of project engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
- Working knowledge of associated systems such as Batteries and Charging Systems.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Working knowledge of vehicle networks like CAN, LIN.
- Working knowledge of HV vehicle diagnostics.
- IMI Level 3/4 accreditation to work on HV vehicles.
- Working understanding of HV safety requirements.