Position Title: Attributes Refinement Delivery or Performance Engineer Vehicle Engineer
Duration: 3 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Vehicle Engineering
- Attributes Refinement Delivery or Performance Engineer
- The NVH Attributes Refinement Team is responsible for strategy, methods, targets, testing, detection and resolution, specifically for the attributes of Squeak & Rattle, Water, and Air Ingress across the full vehicle, systems and components.
- Operating from the very early phase of a vehicle programme, working cross functionally throughout design, development, manufacturing, launch and during the customer experience.
- This role will aim to enhance the customer experience through the design, development, measurement and balance of customer attributes for the Clients' vehicles.
- Working on problem resolutions for Vehicle Line activities in all aspects of engineering from the resolution of engineering issues, monitoring quality systems, through to design improvements and model year updates.
- The aim will be to achieve targets in all areas.
- Ultimately, the role will contribute to the delivery of Quality targets for each vehicle line
- Previous experience of problem solving tools e.g. Root Cause Analysis, 8 Disciplines of problem solving, Design of Experiments and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) in Design/Manufacturing
- Previous experience of Vehicle Launch or Plant Vehicle operations
- Production Management including experience of delivery of problem resolutions in Manufacturing & Service.
- Excellent Analytical Skills and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure
- To be able to be part of a team to meet tight deadlines in a Programme / launch environment.
- A proactive and personable nature to engage with cross-functional areas.
- A working experience of CAD or Digi-buck.
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to interface and communicate confidently at all levels
- Well organised and diligent
- A basic of knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills providing the ability to represent the team at senior meetings
- A full UK driving licence
- Microsoft package elements Power Point and Excel
- Knowledge of whole vehicle engineering knowledge and cross functional experience
- Knowledge of Quality Operating Standards in Manufacturing
- Natural ability to identify improvement opportunities & hands-on practical skills
- Drive and motivation to achieve goals of team and self with minimal supervision
- Active experience of working to Agile methodologies (JIRA)
- Experience of working with the following company toolsets; Tableau, AIMs, IQM, Flags An understanding of Product Creation Development System, requirements management and design verification is advantageous but not essential.
- A working knowledge of Trim & Final, BIW, sealing systems and an understanding of the Client manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of material compatibility and joining technologies.
- Experience and working knowledge of Health and Safety Audits and ergonomics including risk assessments
- Ability to deliver presentations to work groups and senior management
- Person Profile: An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning
- Resilient and enthusiastic who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- An individual with the ability to prioritise their work load
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
- A effective team player, actively develops and supports team members
- Hybrid working Locations: Gaydon, Solihull and Halewood