Order Ref: 38897
Position Title: Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
Duration: 8 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
* Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
* The purpose of the role is to enable the successful strip out of facilities, repurposing of assets and launch of new products within the Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering organisation.
* This involves effective project planning, stakeholder and vendor management, familiarity with CDM regulation and a good working understanding of engineering principles.
* To be effective in the role you should be prepared to safely manage construction projects and apply understanding of mechanical design and machine function.
* Hands-on knowledge of managing construction projects involving: mechanical design & fitting, electrical strip-out and lift & shift activity.
* Understanding of basic engineering and mechanical principles
* Ability to create detailed and effective action plans
* Educated in an engineering discipline with apprenticeship, degree or extensive industry experience
* Previous relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
* Experience managing contractors safety, including Risk Assessments and Method Statements
* Project management experience
* Knowledge and experience of Construction Design Management (CDM) and Energy Control & Power Lockout (ECPL)
* Experience in procurement or maintenance of multiple production tools and assets, covering machining and assembly processes with a variety of automation.
* Experience in a high volume, lean manufacturing environment
* Understanding of a wide range of machining processes including grinding, milling, drilling, reaming, honing, washing, measuring NEBOSH national certificate in construction health & safety IOSH managing safely certificate
* Other safety qualifications around: working at height, managing lifting operations and slinging, DSEAR, manual handling, material handling equipment, noise, air quality, PUWER, machinery directive, COSHH
* Must have a flexible approach to job responsibilities and working hours
* The primary work site will be at our factory in Wolverhampton.
* Some travel will be required to sites around the midlands, including headquarters in Coventry and potentially warehouses or other factories around Birmingham - this travel would be a few times per month.