Order Ref: 38652
Position Title: Manufacturing Process Engineering Engineer
Duration: 12 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering / Process Engineering / Engineer (BIW)
- The candidate will be part of a team of engineers, the role requires collaboration across functions to ensure we have established compliance with the BOP/BOD to deliver processes that meet our basic minute value/ Hours per car (BMV/HPC), quality targets and Capital investment.
- It is also important for us to share best practice across the platforms and between manufacturing plants to ensure we employ the best processes available wherever possible.
- Relevant previous experience of Manufacturing / Engineering processes, tools and techniques.
- Demonstrable ability to create detailed and effective action plans.
- Proven layout and project management experience on installation programs.
- Flexible approach to job responsibilities and working hours
- A working knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation, particularly CDM Regulations.
- Past experience with Failure Mode Analysis (FMEA)
- Ideally educated to degree level in Manufacturing or a similar engineering discipline Knowledge of and involvement in the product development phase
- Experience of vehicle body assembly process development, joining technologies and body assembly equipment including tooling, automation and robotics is essential.
- You will also possess relevant project control skills with strong communication & negotiation skills.
- Evidence of an innovative approach to technical problem solving and process development.
- The ability to recognise the value of, and employ best-in-class processes wherever practicable.
- The ability to work with financial information with technical decision-making.
- The ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams in the pursuit of complex technical solutions and commissioning issues.
- Knowledge of New Product Development Systems.
- Project management experience Understanding of IPS requirements & Lean Manufacturing
- Location: Halewood plus Midlands sites & suppliers
- KPIs Develop Process cyclograms in line with Bill of Process & Bill of Design for BIW against PCDS gateways & Scorecard pillars.
- Maximise equipment usage to achieve project Capital & Operational Investment targets Develop Process solutions to meet BMV & Hrs/car target maximise operator efficiency by load window
- Develop Value for money solutions for all Engineering changes against CAPEX & OPEX targets.
- Delivery of Facility Performance buy-off by driving 9 Panel process / 5F process to ensure facility delivers within its Simulated Targets (DES) for MTTR & MTBF ensuring adherence to Design Cycle time.
- Deliver green ergonomic status for BIW facilities.
- Deliver Projects that are in line with Safety Scorecards & Health & Safety @ work act compliance.
- Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities Application of Lean Manufacturing and Design principles.
- Attend programme meetings at all levels and present where applicable.
- Feasibility of all designs to suit manufacturing build requirements Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Build process strategy for manufacturing. Planning, developing and implementation of all written Processes for manufacturing.
- Planning, developing and implementation of all tooling, jigs and fixtures for manufacturing.
- Supplier selection and vendor management. Process Capability of all processes and equipment, including Dimensional Management applications.
- Quality Planning and Analysis for Manufacturing.
- Involvement in the departments work through development and monitoring of timing plans.
- Ensure adherence to Integrated Production System (IPS) deliverables.
- Manage technical issues and escalate where appropriate.
- Contribute in the development and submission of departmental responses to product letters (PDL) etc.
- Support and lead virtual build events, raising and managing issues where appropriate.
- Support physical builds at Plant locations, raising and managing issues where appropriate.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST HAVE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.