Order Ref: 39177
Position Title: Project Engineer
Duration: 12 Months Rolling Contract
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
- Project Engineer, MRTD
- Identification, leadership, and delivery of technology projects as directed by the Lead Manufacturing Research and Technology Development (MRTD) Engineer, ensuring that all project requirements are achieved and are within time and budget constraints.
- Projects will often be delivered with support from external agencies such as Universities and Research & Technology organisations as well as internal resources such as Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering (PTME) process engineers, and Powertrain research.
- Ideally will have worked within a process-engineering role within a machining or assembly business, preferably powertrain or similar components.
- Will be comfortable in an environment where knowledge is not always available and must be developed in a timely and cost effective fashion.
- Candidate must have a record of proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines including previous projects and budgetary management experience
- Ability to lead groups both within and external to the Client, and to work as part of a team is essential, as is the ability to achieve results by meeting deliverables and commitments.
- Ability to communicate at all levels via written reports or presentations will be required.
- Educated to Master's Degree level in an Engineering, science or maths based discipline.
- Other qualifications will be considered if relevant knowledge and experience can be demonstrated to a high level.
- Good knowledge of MS Office Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project).
- Valid UK driving licence or other suitable arrangements for personal business travel.
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Can demonstrate experience in the Project Management of the technology projects from inception to final hand-over Powertrain knowledge preferred, particularly in the field of electric vehicles (EDU, Battery etc.)
- Experience of working on research projects
- Experience of government funded collaborative projects would be an advantage.
- Membership of a recognised professional body would be an advantage.
- Responsibilities include Work within cross-functional teams to deliver MRTD projects, ensuring that all new technology opportunities are robustly evaluated at key stages during the technology management process.
- Identification and delivery of technology projects as directed by the Lead MRTD Engineer or PTME off Cycle Manager, ensuring that all project objectives are achieved within time and budget constraints.
- Projects will often be delivered with support from external agencies such as Universities and Research & Technology organisations as well as internal resources such as PTME process engineers, and Powertrain research.
- Assist the Lead MRTD Engineers to contribute to the creation of Technology strategy and Business plans, including the development and status of Technology roadmaps
- Provide the primary new technology interface for Product Development, and external research and academic organisations.
- Liaise with Academic, Research and Technology organizations in order to gather information on potential new technologies for evaluation and to create and maintain business partnerships where appropriate.
- Identify and liaise with equipment suppliers who may have relevant technology solutions for the Clients' PTME to evaluate.
- Provide support to the Production Engineering teams and other Engineering Specialists to provide effective handover of technologies during the appropriate phase of Technology Creation and Delivery System (TCDS).
- Contribution to the definition of departmental and functional standards and protocols.
- Development and creation of new or modified Bills of Process to best capture project learning and new methods
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
This job role is 5 Days onsite to the location.