Order Ref: 55677
Position Title: Electrified Powertrain Manufacturing Machining Systems Engineer
Duration: 2 Year, Rolling Contract
Location: Dunton, Essex
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
- Electrified Powertrain Manufacturing Machining Systems Engineer
- Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering (PTME) is a key contributing organisation within the Clients' business as they transition from our historical product line-up of Internal Combustion Engines (ICE) only, to a strong Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) powertrain offering.
- This position arises at an enthralling time as PTME Europe are at the forefront of the transformation of our manufacturing facilities across Europe from ICE to BEV.
- You would be a key member of our PTME family, helping us to modernise our business as the Client Bring on Tomorrow within manufacturing our new range of electrified powertrains for vehicles.
- Your role within the team would involve you collaborating with our partners, including: Product Development, Purchasing, and Manufacturing Plants.
- They need you to share your transferable skills, knowledge, and experience within our team as you: Deploy and install flexible, agile, cost-effective machining systems within UK powertrain manufacturing sites from design concept stages through to product launch by learning from the team.
- Immerse yourself within our dynamic and flexible team as you contribute to the can do attitude the team has as we work in a fast-changing environment
- Support lead engineers in the development of manufacturing feasibility, cost estimates and best practice input to shape our future powertrain solutions
- Support lead engineers through the system design, procurement, installation and launch phases of new volume production machining systems
- High volume system process engineering experience
- Process engineering knowledge.
- MS project planning skills.
- FMEA CAD Skills
- Knowledge of machine capability validation
- 2 years in a manufacturing role
- 5 years in high volume manufacturing role, experience of new machine tool procurement, installation, and commissioning
- Bachelor's degree or 2+ year's industry experience without Degree.
- Possible Travel within the EU