Position Title: Lead Tooling and Process Delivery Planner
- The Stamping Global Manufacturing Engineering group are responsible for the delivery of tooling programs, facilities and technologies for all Client vehicles.
- This includes managing the development, manufacture and successful launch of stamping tooling and equipment into nominated press facilities.
- The vehicle programmes team are responsible for the project management of new stamping tooling programmes.
- As a Lead Planner you will be responsible for the specification and procurement of tools, operating from the start of Vehicle design through to final commissioning and sign-off in the Clients' nominated press facility.
- Working closely with suppliers and our Purchasing function to establish a viable timeline and plan for any assigned portfolio of Press Tools.
- You will manage the progress from release to the toolmaker and deliver press tooling into the press facilities, ensuring compliance with performance, quality, timing and cost targets.
- You will be required to establish professional relations with Product Design, Product Engineering, MPM, DMBI, BIW, press shops and tooling vendors to ensure robust management for engineering change with minimal impact to project outcomes.
- You will help establish and report on KPI's with the Tooling & Process Delivery Manager and ensure that any learning and improvements are shared within the function.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Managing Feasibility & Process reviews.
- Managing Tooling vendors from concept to completion.
- Managing Engineering change and costs associated.
- Managing Dynamic Die Buyoffs and maturation events.
- Managing assembly build events.
- Arrange and conduct Tooling design buyoff meetings.
- GD&T - Deliverables, prior to gateways.
- Arrange and conduct tooling progress reviews with vendors (overseas).
- Home Line Commissioning events.
- Parts Submission Warranty (PSW)
- Weekly dashboard Reporting.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Overseas travel
- A comprehensive understanding of Press Tooling, including design, methods and technologies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with key processes, facilities and technologies used throughout the pressed parts process chain.
- Excellent understanding of part forming techniques, to support the Concept Feasibility team.
- Knowledge of CAD Software tools, Catia, Auto form.
- Previous Press Operational experience
- Previous die manufacturing experience
- Excellent Excel, Power Point and reporting skills.
- Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred.
- A passion for the automotive industry
- Clear / strong Communication Skills.
- Team orientated individual that can integrate well in cross functional teams.
- Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
- Strong project management capabilities with excellent execution skills and the ability to multitask.
- A dynamic and determined individual, highly driven, committed and results-orientated with significant pace, energy and confidence.
- Able to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with strategic vision.