Order Ref: 38368
Position Title: Facilities Development and Construction Engineer
Duration: 7 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Engineering Operations
- Facilities Development and Construction Lead Engineer
- The successful candidate will be responsible for transitioning a defined area of our 3-5 year facility strategy plan into delivery and handover for use.
- This will involve the gathering of internal customer requirements, supporting investment processes, specifying facilities and equipment, tendering to the marketplace and delivering into both existing and new test facilities.
- Quality is at the forefront of all our activities; candidates with personal drive to challenge the norm and operate with a quality first mind-set will be essential.
- The candidate filling the Lead Project Engineer role will be expected to work with a degree of autonomy, utilising delivery processes to ensure robust execution.
- It is envisaged the Lead Project Engineer may lead a small team of Project Engineers to support delivery.
- Projects typically range in value from £10k to £30m+.
- Knowledge of Powertrain / Propulsion test systems, rigs and facilities.
- Project management & delivery experience. 3 years min.
- Experience of developing and delivering technical products / solutions in an engineering environment.
- Educated to Degree level in a systems, Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic or related field.
- Experience in design and delivery of Powertrain / Propulsion test facilities
- Coordination of multifunctional teams Working / advanced level with MS office (including Project) tools
- Knowledge of test automation / simulation systems and tools
- Experience in technical construction projects - initiation through to design and delivery