Position Title: Lead Designer
Duration: 5 Month Rolling Contract
- Lead Designer for the Seating Design Team.
- Automotive seating design is an area of specialism that requires unique automotive and product design skills to deliver world leading industrial design.
- The role will be to collaborate with the wider interior design teams, supporting with technical skills and experience to help guide the design process from ideation and creativity through to delivery.
- You will be involved in the creation of a seating design strategy befitting the House of Brands that the Client Creative is building to deliver Modern Luxury vehicles.
- Verbal and image based presentation skills are paramount, with ideation achieved via traditional sketching and software like Photoshop, Alias, VRED.
- 3D experience; working with clay a digital models and modellers, as well as supporting studio engineering, C&M and program management. Being a team player willing to adapt to unique challenges will be an advantage.
- To assist in the development of advanced concepts and the delivery programmes of seats
- Create and illustrate new ideas whilst challenging conventional thinking in problem solving
- Liaise cross-functionally to ensure two-way communication on project feasibility & 3D development
- Assist in the development of the virtual and physical design properties of their specific project, to the highest level of maturity and refinement
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
- Creative Ideation via 2D sketches, renders and 3D digital models.
- Digital 3D skills e.g. Alias Design delivery experience
- Degree level qualification in Industrial design, Product Design, Automotive Design, Interior Design or Transport Design.
- OEM or Tier 1 supplier experience in seating design preferred.
- Proven illustration and visual evaluation skills to communicate ideas and solutions
- Strong Understanding of aesthetic judgement of surface, surface juxtaposition and appearance
- Broad knowledge of engineering, production techniques and processes, and strong market / business acumen
- Previous experience of the generation of designs for within Automotive or Product Design, including experience of visualising and communicating design solutions in 2D and 3D
- Essential IT skill high level of Photoshop ability IT skills, particularly with Design related systems, e.g. ALIAS / VRED / PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of surfacing requirements
- Experience in a non- automotive design environment e.g. Architecture/Product Design/ Interior Design/ Furniture Design.
- Personal passion for all things design related