Lead Data Scientist
3-Month Rolling Contract
Hybrid working (twice pw, in Warwick)
£31.75ph / £254pd (Inside IR35)
- Lead Data Scientist
- In this role, you will support Vehicle Dynamics attribute development by creatively analysing and modelling large volumes of complex data.
- By drawing on your knowledge of vehicle dynamics theory, signal processing techniques, cutting-edge technologies and data science techniques, you will gain insight into vehicles dynamic performance and customer needs across many diverse use cases.
- The insights gained will support new product and feature development, advance departmental operations, and contribute to a host of exciting new projects.
- As part of this, you will work with product teams and stakeholders to identify problem statements, which can be solved using data science, machine learning and the automation of process.
- Responsibilities include: Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract vehicle dynamics data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organisation
- Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems
- Keep up to date with the latest technology, techniques and methods
- Stay curious and enthusiastic about using algorithms to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work
- Establish new systems and processes and look for opportunities to improve the flow of data
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies
- Disseminate findings to Vehicle Dynamics and wider Chassis engineering organisation
- Python and MatLab coding skills.
- Signal processing in engineering environment, data cleansing and pre-processing techniques.
- Machine learning techniques.
- Proven experience using Python and MatLab.
- Practical experience with machine learning techniques.
- Significant experience with signal processing in engineering environment, data cleansing and pre-processing techniques.
- Working knowledge of vehicle dynamics theory.
- Experience with cloud computing/platforms (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS).
- Knowledge and/or experience in data management and data governance best practice.
- Knowledge of Data Lake and Enterprise Data
- Warehouse principles
- Experience working and delivering projects using Agile development methodology.
- Experience using data exploration, visualisation packages e.g. Tableau