Order Ref: 55755
Position Title: HIL Software Test Engineer
Duration: 12 Month Rolling Contract
Location: Dunton, Essex
Division: Product Development
- HIL software test engineer
- Design and execution of automated tests on a Powertrain Controls Hardware In the Loop Test rig.
- Strong software development skills in the field of automation scripting
- Proven experience and skill in using dSpace HIL rig software (Control Desk, Automation desk) or equivalent (e.g. ETAS lab car)
- Vehicle electrical architecture knowledge
- Powertrain Controls domain knowledge i.e. the control operations of a diesel and electric engines.
- Python or similar scripting highly desirable
- Ability to use calibration tools such as ATI Vision, ETAS INCA, Vector CAN tools etc.
- A good understanding of Mathworks tools.
- Good debugging and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to represent work in a global team.
- A good understanding of Powertrain controls embedded software.
- A good understanding of engine controls
- Design and development of control systems or plant model systems in Simulink
- The design and commissioning of Hardware In the Loop test rigs.
- Use of version control systems e.g. Accurev or SVN.
- At least 2 years relevant industry experience
- Software engineering, computer science or similar degree to BSc + Hons level minimum 2:1.
Additional Information :
- Hybrid - 3 days a week on site